Newbie Saying "Hi!"

Currently reading:
Newbie Saying "Hi!"

www_k9rdj_co_uk

Hello everyone... just a quick message to say "Hi!" and introduce myself. My name is Dave and I live in St. Asaph on the North Wales coast, and I just bought myself a Seicento Sporting Abarth as a run around. I normally drive something a little bigger - www.k9rdj.co.uk - but that's not entirely practical, hence the little Sei' joins the family!

I've only had the little car three days, but have already fallen in love with it, really cute, it raises a smile everytime I walk towards it... and I can't express how much fun it is to drive, it's like having a go-kart with a roof!

Some pictures of the Sei' here - www.k9rdj.co.uk/seicento - it's in really good nick for a '99, only 37K on the clock, and hardly a mark on it.

Anyway, that's me said Hello, I'll be posting some questions on the forum soon, it's kinda strange, I'm used to being the one that everyone asks questions to in the Vitara scene, it seems strange starting a fresh here as a Newbie... treat me gentle, I've got a bit to learn! ;)

Dave

sei1.jpg

sei2.jpg

sei3.jpg

sei4.jpg

Thanks, quick replies... a very active board!

One of the questions I was going to ask was on the subject of lowering, so I might as well ask it here... I read somewhere (in my hours of searching all things Sei') that a 25mm drop is the best, and that you don't need to alter the shocks... is that right?

(I'm used to lifts - www.k9rdj.co.uk - rather than drops!)

Does the 25mm drop alter the steering geometry at all? And the caster...

Sorry to load questions on you all so early... gotta lot to learn!

It improves handling in wet, on corners and body roll massively but obviously drops the weight you can put in it. You will also find with the wheels you have, they look a lot better and much more snug in the arches and compliment the car very well.

Nice car mate id pesonally lower it 40mm as i think 25mm wont be noticeable on looks and it doesnt reduce body roll as much unless your gonna get an arb and i would always suggest getting uprated shocks as well as springs as the shockers are the crap part.

Also in the bottom pic it looks like youve just kerbed your new alloys

Welcome to the forum!

thats a very nice lookin sei!
If u want to lower it, may i suggest the Apex suspension kit, Lowers it nicely and its an affordable kit.
You could just go for the springs which won't set you back much at all, but i'm of the impression that if your going to tinker with suspension its better to replace the whole lot.
i've got this kit on my cinq and its amazing, and my mate has on on his sei which is also amazing> so basically its amazing! (y)

Hi all! Thanks for all the replies, a very nice welcome for a newbie, you have a very nice, friendly, active forum here. I'm pleased to join you, I was chuffed with the car and even more chuffed to find a like minded band of enthusiasts on here! ;)

Yes, thanks, the car is very tidy for the year, and low mileage (37k) too, glad you all like it...

Started doing a few bits already! A new head unit and 12 disk multichanger went in on Tuesday, pix of the install here - www.k9rdj.co.uk/seicento

Have also ordered a nice alloy "FIAT" emblasoned tax disk holder for it... and a "Raid" induction kit to give the little "Pocket Rocket" even more poke!

Have had one of my daughter's number plates transferred onto it - K9BNJ from now on - a bit of a long story... bought plates for my two daughters a couple of years ago as they had every toy going and I wasn't sure what to buy them for Crimbo. The wife thought it was very funny as they ae still only 6 and 7 now, but Hey!, I thought it would be a good investment and something for the future as they match the K9RDJ plate on my "little" Vitara (www.k9rdj.co.uk), the other plate K9FSJ is on my wife's Citreon C3...!

Ha ha, sorry, a bit mad up here in North Wales!

It seems from what a few of you have said that clear front indicators are the "de-rigure" (spelling?!) mod to be done first-ish, so I'll get a set of them on order too...

The suspension drop will have to wait for a couple of months as my bank account struggles to recover from the latest round of mods to the Sei' and the Vit'... :(

Anyway, again, thanks for the warm friendly welcome, will drop in every day to see what's going on... and will try and make the gathering in September!

Cheers All!

Dave

The mods have started!
Fitted an OMP Strut Brace today -

strutbrace.jpg

A nice easy mod, cheap, and seems to do the trick, less "scuttle" on hard cornering... vroom vroom!

Just waiting for the clear indicators and side repeaters to turn up, and the Raid induction kit... seems to be taking it's time!

Have updated the webpage within my site for the lickle car too - http://www.k9rdj.co.uk/seicento/

Oooh, yes, one question for the wise sages out there... while fitting an alloy tax disk holder (had to be done!) I noticed the speaker grills allen key screws had marks on them, took the grill off and found some nice Kenwood speakers behind them... are these standard or has the previous owner upgraded them?

sei-ice6.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure that they were not standard...

nice surprise if they aren't!, mine had marks on them aswell, imagine how i felt when i removed the covers and there wasn't any speakers at all! (n)

:( No luck Joe, the standard ones are pants anyhows so the previous owner did you a favour by removing the original ones for you.

Nah they are upgrades, lucky again!

Liam

oops i totally missed this thread first time round :eek:

hello and welcome :D - i was born in st asaph :)

the speakers arent standard - the dash looks like its been cut to accomodate the speakers

Back