General Dualogic on the Multijet

Currently reading:
General Dualogic on the Multijet

kEvo95

Hi all, So I've just been down to my local dealer to see the Evo in the metal and take a little test drive. Like it a lot. We need a dualogic though as the better half is limited to a auto licence. Problem is, according to the sales executive the dualogic is a) not available till November and b) NEVER going to be available on the Multijet (which is the one I really want!).

This seems to contradict an awful lot of websites that will sell me a multijet dualogic and plenty other sites with the full tech specs on the auto diesel?! Anyone got any ideas? Or will we be stuck with the 1.4 Dynamic Dualogic which seems to be the only other option at the mo.

First post on the forum btw, although I read a lot of useful stuff last year as nearly bought a 100hp.

Well, Fiat Website says....

Fiat Punto Evo Eleganza - 1.3 (95) MultiJet Duallogic (Diesel) (5-Door)
Fiat Punto Evo Dynamic - 1.4 v8 Dualogic (Petrol) (None-MultiAir)

Doesnt look like the other models offer it, which is abit crappy i must say!

Eleganza is certainly more expensive compared to a Dynamic, it is a "fully loaded" car and i love mine, but if your budget doesnt stretch that far it seems your kinda stuck with the Dynamic 1.4 Dualogic, might be worth trying a different dealership n see if they can do anything but i wouldn't count on it, Fiat seem pretty inflexible :(

Last edited:
Well, I've ordered the Evo dualogic...

...might just be the first Evo Multijet owner on the forum soon...we'll see what turns up in a few months time! Can't wait now!

Yup could well be the first multijet :) did you get an Eleganza or the Dynamic?

Ordered the Eleganza :D Its in white of course with the skydome + style pack. MrBoney might be a bit gutted about that but at least the engine will be different! haha.

(((interestingly Parkers etc reckon the diesel auto is 5 gears but the Dualogic manual download states 6 gears (not inc. reverse) -wierd! We'll see what we get)))

I always thought the 100Hp in white with a skydome looked amazing and had my heart set on one last year but it didnt quite work out...its not quite the same but perhaps a better choice in the long run!?! Roll on September! (y)

Ordered the Eleganza :D Its in white of course with the skydome + style pack. MrBoney might be a bit gutted about that but at least the engine will be different! haha.

(((interestingly Parkers etc reckon the diesel auto is 5 gears but the Dualogic manual download states 6 gears (not inc. reverse) -wierd! We'll see what we get)))

I always thought the 100Hp in white with a skydome looked amazing and had my heart set on one last year but it didnt quite work out...its not quite the same but perhaps a better choice in the long run!?! Roll on September! (y)

Oh dear! MrBoney could get abit upset hes cars not unique! :p

Eleganza is a brilliant car though, im abit bias but i think the interior quality & feel is much better than other cars in the segment & a few above it.

Gears should be interesting, i thought the 105 was the only one with 6 gears... though, 6 gears on a diesel would make sense to stop any tractor noises :)

Lol I'm actuallyflattered that you copied me lol joking :eek:

Why not if spending all that money splash out extra for the leather?

Unless your a vegetarian obv

EDIT: You get leather on the Eleganza's seats anyway so the vegetarian thing wouldn't matter lol

Well the MultiJet arrived today as promised! :D Love the skydome. The stereo is better than expected. Its going to take a while getting used to the dualogic gearbox tho (6 gear). Stop-start worked for the first 2 miles then decided to take a rest?! Engine is not too loud either especially when cruising a bit.

Eleganza ppl - any tips on the hill-holder function? I havent noticed this once yet.

One small gripe - I am disappointed about no lumbar adjustment for the driver - I don't believe you should have pay top-whack for full leather just to get something as basic as lumbar adjustment!

Well the MultiJet arrived today as promised! :D Love the skydome. The stereo is better than expected. Its going to take a while getting used to the dualogic gearbox tho (6 gear). Stop-start worked for the first 2 miles then decided to take a rest?! Engine is not too loud either especially when cruising a bit.

Eleganza ppl - any tips on the hill-holder function? I havent noticed this once yet.

One small gripe - I am disappointed about no lumbar adjustment for the driver - I don't believe you should have pay top-whack for full leather just to get something as basic as lumbar adjustment!

Hill-holder is really something you don't want to rely on, if you do your in for a crunch :p

But, in my Eleganza (manual) i have to hold the brake, clutch right down, release brake & then i'll have about 3 seconds in which to pull the clutch up again (it'll also disengage if you have enough power to pull away too)

Personally though, i've had it a few times where i've thought Time to test the hill holder, rolled back & oh ****, banging the clutch up again.... Surprises me on occasion when it comes on rather than being something i expect to kick in.

I gather it works differently on other gear boxes though (or it does on the 500)

And yeah im really happy with my evo, but also i agree, lumbar support you would of expected to be the norm these days, especially on the comfort models.

Love how quiet my car, doesn't really get noisy until pushing it at high revs, motorway speeds even at 100mph sounds fine & feels like a bigger car (stable), only real complaint i'd have would be on occasion wind noise can get abit over the top.

Back