General info on evo models

Currently reading:
General info on evo models

cbpete

Hi Everyone,

New to the site and hoping to order new Punto this week. I am going for a 1.3 Eleganza with the leather pack and style pack. But not sure on colour yet like the White but the showroom as a Progressive Black and that looks good. Before I order I have a few question to ask you all.

1 I do a lot of motorway driving and was wondering how quiet the car is at 70 mph. Is there a lot of road noise or engine noise?
2 what sort of MPG are you getting from the 1.3 diesel?
3 Is the trim standing up to the wear and tear, no rattle or squeaks?
4 Anyone had any engine problems?
5 Which colour do you think is best on the Punto Progressive Black or White?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and reply to my question.

Pete:)

Hi Everyone,

New to the site and hoping to order new Punto this week. I am going for a 1.3 Eleganza with the leather pack and style pack. But not sure on colour yet like the White but the showroom as a Progressive Black and that looks good. Before I order I have a few question to ask you all.

1 I do a lot of motorway driving and was wondering how quiet the car is at 70 mph. Is there a lot of road noise or engine noise?

Not sure if we have any 1.3 Diesel owners yet, might be one. So don't know what kind of replys you'll get on that front, personally ive got the 105 with 6 gears so engines quiet on the motorway, and in my case when the engine is "idle" the clunking alternator is the noisest thing, if it wasnt for that i think it'd be surprisingly quiet.... i've done a 500 mile round trip and got out the car perfectly happy and willing to do more, so its a big improvement on previous.

That said wind noise is probably the loudest thing, though its not bad & a test drive down a dual carriage way would show you.

So far ive done 2,000 miles and no squeaks / rattles yet, i had one of the window seals unpeel abit on the exterior but believe that was a delivery fault.

I've got the Progressive Black, and its a nice colour, looks good especially with the red sparkle & great for a mirror-like shine, but its not a "LOOK AT ME!!!" colour, which the White is. so it depends what your looking for..... Also black is easily the worst colour to clean as it scratches very easily and shows all the dust, so reguarly cleaning is needed. (though, i think whites the same for the dirt)

I have a white eleganza punto evo, with style pack, leather pack, and skydome.

It's whisper quiet compared to my old grande punto. The trim has had a few little problems. Now all sorted, the leather is lovely too.

The diesel comes with even more sound deadening compared to the petrol.

You should choose black as I want the only white eleganza on here haha :D

I do prefer the silver bumper inserts that come on the white eleganza as the ones that come on the progressive black eleganza look the same as the ones that come on the same coloured active. But anyone that buys a white evo that isn't an eleganza will have black inserts too, so I feel a bit more exclusive and I prefer the look of them personally

Last edited:
As I said ... whisper quiet compared to my grande punto (y)

Which Grande did you have? I have a 1.4 Sporting and am getting a new Evo Sporting so whill I expect to notice a big difference. I actually thought the Grande was pretty quiet lol.

I came from an 8v pretty rough sounding eleganza.

Now I got a multiair like you'll have and the engine noise at idling is none, and the road niose, which I think was the loudest thing is soooo much better, like Blank said around 70% quieter :eek:

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone got a diesel Evo yet on here?? :confused:

Can't really comment on the diesel noise too much, I did take one for a test drive many many months ago when I was looking at Evos. Sounded pretty normal to me as a diesel. But I didn't get to drive it motorway speed.

As far as motorway travel goes, I know my Sport at 130km/h is pretty okay, but the wind noise is quite high. Steering fells a little "shakey" at high speed though, but that may be the fat 17"s on the Sport.

Trim inside is certainly very good, but do check for a few known faults that have been seen here on this board. Mostly though, build faults. Check the top dash compartment if you have the satnav option as it fails to open. Also check the coin holder beside the drivers knee.

Of course it's difficult to judge right now as most of us have not driven the Evos for long total distance. Only time may tell if there is trim issues that shake loose.

As for colour, it depends on what you want.

Personally I'd say "black", as it hides the front and back plastic areas. I have what I think it called "Cross over Black" in the UK, but they don't call it that here in Denmark. They use the Italian name. I can't say I like the two-tone on the silver/white. Sorry. :D

Back