General 1.9 m-jet, took gsr due to egr, put it back on and it sounds completely different ?

Currently reading:
General 1.9 m-jet, took gsr due to egr, put it back on and it sounds completely different ?

Hi, hope someone can help me because im baffled!

I have an 08 plate 1.9 m-jet remapped and gsr'd

Its done 12,500 miles then the EGR went, so back to fiat to change

I took the gsr off to give to fiat for the day. I got it back last night, put my gsr back on today and all the tsschhh noises have gone and thers just a very loud high pitched whining :confused: or high pitch whistling, its hard to describe really!

ive took it off again 3 times now and checked for splits/cracks etc, made sure all the jubilee clips are fine, and its still the same, Please help!

Map wiped? Cant see how that would change the noise it makes though...

Look for air leaks around the turbo / air-box areas.

Edit :- Ooops you say you have donet the latter above... turbo dying?

Well i thought they would have wiped it straight away, but it still seems like its remapped and yea like you said i cant imagine it would change the noise so drastically ? plus the fiat guy who dropped it off said it seems fast compared to his.

ive checked for leaks aswell :(, ill try again in a bit as you never kno.

And as for turbo dying (n) its an 08 plate tho 12,500 miles was remapped at 9,500, i cant imagine fiat turbos are that bad, unless it was a faulty batch?

Im completely baffled :(

I ent got a gsr or anything but mine changes sounds daily! Some days sounds like I've got a police siren on, other days I can barely hear it! Wounder if the weather has any affect!?

Hi, hope someone can help me because im baffled!

I have an 08 plate 1.9 m-jet remapped and gsr'd

Its done 12,500 miles then the EGR went, so back to fiat to change

I took the gsr off to give to fiat for the day. I got it back last night, put my gsr back on today and all the tsschhh noises have gone and thers just a very loud high pitched whining :confused: or high pitch whistling, its hard to describe really!

ive took it off again 3 times now and checked for splits/cracks etc, made sure all the jubilee clips are fine, and its still the same, Please help!

My mjet had to go in for a "weird" noise from the turbo,turned out to be the seal where the turbo sits was "passing",new seal fitted and sounded perfect.

Back