Technical 1.9 MJT Doblo engine light comes on

Currently reading:
Technical 1.9 MJT Doblo engine light comes on

krypton

Newbie posting. I have a 2006 1.9 MJT (120hp) diesel Doblo with 100,000km on the clock. The engine light has come on and according to my local Fiat garage it is coming from the DPF (built in particle filter) which is clogged. Mechanic has reset the light and says I should run the car in fourth gear on the motorway at high speed to try to clean the DPF.

Has anyone else had this problem? If yes, how did you fix it?

I only recently got this car and have done 700km in it so far - mostly urban driving at low speeds (<70km/hr).

Last edited:
Yes DPF can be a problem on a diesel used in urban low speed scenarios.

A Search for "DPF" will reveal a lot... I am so grateful my diesel doesnt have a DPF (y)

As directed, the DPF will benefit from some good looooong runs on a regular basis...get things nice n hot exhaust wise....

DPF is a tree huggers requirement, damn the do-gooders... not just a Fiat issue by the way. If I buy another diesel it wont have a DPF, if I dont have that option I wont buy another diesel.

Just got the car back from the garage. So far so good. The FIAT mechanic reset the engine maintenance light and it has not come back on so far. I will be taking the car for a run on the motorway tomorrow just in case.

The drivers side electric window had been squeaking - he fixed this with a bit of soap to soften it - he said the rubber window joint was rubbing thereby causing the problem.

On mechanics reccomendation I also got the water pump/timing belt changed (car has 4 years - 100,000km). Just to be on the safe side - the car manual says 120,000km or 5 years in normal use and every 4 years under difficult conditions.

Over the last two years the engine light has been coming on and off regularly and more and more often. Until recently it used to go off after a long run. Now around 152,000km on the clock.

Then around a month ago the engine light came on and refused to go off again:mad:. I got the DPF changed following reccomendation of local garage. They also reset the warning light and car worked great for around two days.:)

Then after a run on the motorway the engine light has come back on and I am back in limp mode:bang:. I ordered a USB engine code reader and am waiting for it to arrive so I can see what the fault code is.

Anyone an idea what the problem could be and how to find it? I heard that some of the engine sensors can get clogged up (or burned out) especially EGR so perhaps another engine-part needs changing now. I believe there are some tutorials about this on youtube but I haven't checked these yet.

Any ideas /suggestions?

Last edited:
Latest issue is I have a loud hissing noise under the car especially when accelerating and the car is in limp mode with P1206 (clean or replace particle filter) plus now P2453 Differential Pressure Signal.

The DPF has been replaced a few weeks ago but regeneration with FIatECUScan software fails. Car is in "forced regeneration state = filter clogged"

According to FiatECUScan Clogging is at 0.53% and 411MBar on Differential Pressure Sensor on last attempted regeneration of the FAP

Maybe now there is a hole in the pipe to the Differential Pressure Sensor? Will have a look this weekend to see if I can get to the bottom of all this...

Car just back from the mechanic. The rubber pipe from the exhaust to the pressure sensor had melted. New pipe fitted and the pressure sensor warning has disappeared.

Sill have "FAP regeneration failed" warning. Tried FIATECUSCAN "forced regeneration " program several times with no success. The program fails fairly quickly (after about 2min I would say) and the FAP does not get very hot (around 200degreses). FAP is around 32% blocked.

Any ideas? Do I need to take the car on a long run? Should I check the EGR valve next?

Suggestions welcome...

Please help !!

I have same doblo MPV 1.9 mulyijet diesel 08, couple weeks ago engine warning light came on, pulled up and switched engine off, then started again but light came back on drove to destination only couple 100 yards and called AA for advice (free with insurance) anyway Guy came out and took out the emission recycle valve said it was clogged up with soot, after cleaning it he said it was faulty, put on a blanking plate and refitted it but didn't connect it, on the way home it went into limp mode, next day i started it went for a drive ok but after 10mins went into limp mode again, carried on home with engine failure light on, next day checked the part took it out and removed the blanking plate and refitted and connected it this time the car runs ok but now says the anti pollution filter is clogged with light showing and engine failure light is on aswell. I see some threads say take it out for a hard run will this fix it or is it something else. Please help

would suggest that you get it to an independant garage that has latest snap on equipment

they can programme in a dpf regen to be carried out

you then either leave it with them to do the regen or take it for a run down the motorway

The only thing that solved mine was having the DPF removed.

Ive just joined the Engine Failed club the engine management light came on about a week ago and went into limp mode, pulled over switched off after about 10 minutes started up and all seemed fine except light still on, doblo had full power back, after about 300 miles light went out on its own.
Then about a week later of driving light back on and into limp mode, checked ecu,fault code p2002 was stored. I booked dobby into the local independant fiat dealer today who reported the DPF was blocked, they then forced a regen twice to reduce the percentage of blockage to a level that was acceptable and recommended that I also add to the fuel tank a DPF cleaner which will clean out the filter even further than a regen could this cost £15.
So far the light has stayed off and all seems to be fine toat cost was £85 which I thought was good service and a lot cheaper than a new DPF as I nearly went into limp mode when he mentioned the price of a new one.

I am also in the club. (again) Had the dpf code reset and a bottle of the £15 cleaner added too. I went for a 40 mile motorway drive and all is now well. Is this cleaning fluid the new craze? I didn't get any last year for the same issue!

I am also in the club. (again) Had the dpf code reset and a bottle of the £15 cleaner added too. I went for a 40 mile motorway drive and all is now well. Is this cleaning fluid the new craze? I didn't get any last year for the same issue!

its like adding redex to the old cars in the sixtys

Hi all also had engine trouble. The light comes on then engine cuts out losing power steering and brakes! AA called he recommended fuel filter replace. Did that and next day cut out again. Then wouldnt start waited ten minutes then started up again. Read about driving fast for a long distance to clear dpf. Ran at 70mph for 15 minutes on Mway light on and engine then cut out. Waited 10 mins on hard shoulder engine then started. I came home at 30mph and never went in 5th gear took 45 minutes to get home no problem. Is it when something gets too hot? Not a petrol head so dont know if Im talking ******** battychess

Back