Technical I-pod on Punto Evo

Currently reading:
Technical I-pod on Punto Evo

sergewangneur2010

Hi there,
I am new to the forum so hello to everyone. I have been a Fiat fan and owner for a long time. My first car was a Panda old version, bought in 1996.
I have a problem: I have recently purchased a Punto Evo with blue&me. Happy with the car, but the blue& me is a bit awkward when trying to connect an i-pod classic via the USB blue&me Windows port. First time I have tried, it seemed to connect, then it played a track by default but stopped after a minute or two (some bizarre short electronic fault noise) and the blue&me voice system said "no media connected". The i-pod is connected with the the apple USB connector, originally purchased with the i-pod. The Fiat handbook says you should configurate the i-pod as a windows external computer, which I have done. And still it does not work. Can anyone shed a light on this? I am a bit confused... How can I make the i-pod work?
Cheers
Serge

Would be nice to get an answer to this, my girlfriend used to plug her ipod into my blue&me and it'd run so badly, not change tracks / completely stop etc / long delays.... in the end i decided to just use a memory stick and tell her to put her music on it aswell.

Hi there,
I am new to the forum so hello to everyone. I have been a Fiat fan and owner for a long time. My first car was a Panda old version, bought in 1996.
I have a problem: I have recently purchased a Punto Evo with blue&me. Happy with the car, but the blue& me is a bit awkward when trying to connect an i-pod classic via the USB blue&me Windows port. First time I have tried, it seemed to connect, then it played a track by default but stopped after a minute or two (some bizarre short electronic fault noise) and the blue&me voice system said "no media connected". The i-pod is connected with the the apple USB connector, originally purchased with the i-pod. The Fiat handbook says you should configurate the i-pod as a windows external computer, which I have done. And still it does not work. Can anyone shed a light on this? I am a bit confused... How can I make the i-pod work?
Cheers
Serge

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think you have to convert all of your songs on the Ipod to mp3 format or it refuses to play any of them. You could convert them all or go to a fiat dealer and buy the Ipod converter. I think the Ipod converter is around £80 though.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think you have to convert all of your songs on the Ipod to mp3 format or it refuses to play any of them. You could convert them all or go to a fiat dealer and buy the Ipod converter. I think the Ipod converter is around £80 though.

Hmm, sounds like something Media Monkey should be able to do... dont think i'd count on itunes to be of much use without great hassle.

Even with external disk access enabled you will need to convert to mp3 blueandme only can read mp3 or wma unless you have the connector. It will work fine with the connector though although you can't access podcasts.

Even with external disk access enabled you will need to convert to mp3 blueandme only can read mp3 or wma unless you have the connector. It will work fine with the connector though although you can't access podcasts.

Ok everyone! Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I'll try and let you know if it sorts things out.
Cheers
Serge

Back