Technical Headlights + Dash

Currently reading:
Technical Headlights + Dash

Drove my Evo for the first time last night in the dark and discovered the headlights were waaaaaaaaaay out. The dipped lights lit up China and the high beams lit up the Moon! :p

After being flashed by pretty much everyone I had to adjust them down.

Took it to the dealer today and complained. I mean, isn't the headlights something they check on the PDI? A rather red faced salesman then upset the service department and got it fixed there and then.

It also seems that the little storage holder at the top of the dash won't open properly with the button. It's the small one above the vents and next to the sat-nav socket. They'll order a new part, thankfully. Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with that flip-up bit?

Drove my Evo for the first time last night in the dark and discovered the headlights were waaaaaaaaaay out. The dipped lights lit up China and the high beams lit up the Moon! :p

After being flashed by pretty much everyone I had to adjust them down.

Took it to the dealer today and complained. I mean, isn't the headlights something they check on the PDI? A rather red faced salesman then upset the service department and got it fixed there and then.

It also seems that the little storage holder at the top of the dash won't open properly with the button. It's the small one above the vents and next to the sat-nav socket. They'll order a new part, thankfully. Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with that flip-up bit?

Hmm.. wouldn't of said i have "problems" with the flip up bit, seems to take a couple of presses some times....

what kind of problem is it?

Hmm.. wouldn't of said i have "problems" with the flip up bit, seems to take a couple of presses some times....

what kind of problem is it?

It works 1% of the time and just doesn't open at all the rest of the time.

If you look at the mechanism, the button pulls a small lug out so the cover opens, looks to me (and to the garage bloke who looked at it) that the lug is too long.

Up shot is, you press it and it doesn't pull it back far enough for it to open. He told me it's the whole area that has to be replaced, including around the vents. Now on order.

It works 1% of the time and just doesn't open at all the rest of the time.

If you look at the mechanism, the button pulls a small lug out so the cover opens, looks to me (and to the garage bloke who looked at it) that the lug is too long.

Up shot is, you press it and it doesn't pull it back far enough for it to open. He told me it's the whole area that has to be replaced, including around the vents. Now on order.

ahh right, mine doesnt have that problem then :D its just not the most reliable little button to me, just needs 2 presses to get it properly but then a "press down" on a "flip up" door is abit of a physics mystery :p

Back