Styling Ducato 2.3 Multijet 2008 leaks diesel from fuelfilter.

Currently reading:
Styling Ducato 2.3 Multijet 2008 leaks diesel from fuelfilter.

mikethebikeumea

I have just did service on our Fiat Ducato 2.3 Multjet, and when I went back from service I discovered a leak from the fuel filter. They have changed the fuel filter on service, and it seems to be a leak in the join between the top of the filterhousing and the filterhousing.

Should be a seal in the join between the top of the housing and the filterhousing? how hard kan I tighten the filterhousing? Is it any way I could make it proof?

Yes... there should be a seal between the top and bottom parts of the filter housing. Item 2 in this diagram.

The seal may not have been changed or it may have been tightened too much and distorted.

Take it back to the garage to fit it correctly.

Attachments

• Filter.JPG
    Filter.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 759
The seal was changed, but when I talked with Fiat they told me to tighten it harder. The diesel makes the top hard to tighten, we dismounted the whole filterhousing from the car and tighten it and after that its proof.

The seal was changed, but when I talked with Fiat they told me to tighten it harder. The diesel makes the top hard to tighten, we dismounted the whole filterhousing from the car and tighten it and after that its proof.

The tightening torque is marked on it and its surprisingly high something like 32Nm I couldn't believe it was so high.

Back