retaining bluetooth functionality after aftermarket stereo install

Currently reading:
retaining bluetooth functionality after aftermarket stereo install

Hi Guys,

Got a fiat panda 100hp. The original stereo set (with bluetooth feature) was taken out almost immediately in favour of an Alpine head unit with full Ipod Integration.

I have (or will by this weekend) installed a canbus ISO stereo adaptor from Connects2, (Connects 2 CTSFA006 - Fiat Panda 2007> Stalk Steering Wheel Interface Adaptor)

...so now I will have the ability to control the stereo from the steering wheel buttons....

I fully expected that without the original stereo, I wasn't going get bluetooth working. HOWEVER...

I can still pair my nokia with the bluetooth system and I can make calls.
The mic works because the person on the other end can hear my voice.

BUT I CANT hear the other person.

So I think that the green connector (see pic) has 2 pins that give a speaker output. I could wire up a separate speaker to these pins.

szeoef.jpg

1. Which pins should I use?

2. How would I interface the telephone mute pin on that connector?

3. Can I directly connect this mute pin to my Alpine telephone mute input?

Ts19H4Vi.jpg

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• szeoef.jpeg
    szeoef.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 121
Thats very interesting indeed. So do you think that this is down to the steering control adaptor?
Your best bet is to Have a look at Alpines AI net cable input.

right! Bit the bullet and started connecting things up.

Here's what I found so far:

Telephone mute simply works. Just connect the pin (TEL MUTE) on the green connector to the phone mute wire (pink and black on my alpine) coming out of the stereo. The pin will ground when a call in made or received.

Kinda obvious really.:rolleyes:

(Tel AF-) and (Tel AF+) are the left and right speaker outputs. Together with (TEL MUTE) they form the 3 connections needed to get sound out.

All I need now is a separate amplified speaker and voila! (y)

This is a bit of a bump, but Im struggling with this.

I have the alpine IDA303, would it be possible to splice the wires for the front speaks where they join to the ISO connectors and connect the Tel AF- and Tel AF+ wires into them?

Where would the AI net connector plug into if i went down that route?

Does anyone know where the factory mic is situated? I installed a bluetooth radio but if I could use the microphone thats already in the car with it instead of installing another one the install would be a lot more stealth.

Does anyone know where the factory mic is situated? I installed a bluetooth radio but if I could use the microphone thats already in the car with it instead of installing another one the install would be a lot more stealth.

That would be nice to know! Currently I'm swapping the original Blaupunkt radio for a Pioneer unit with Bluetooth.

Does someone know this? I couldn’t find the mic wire on the original Blaupunkt wire harness.

Back