Technical Eleganza + Hi-Fi?

Currently reading:
Technical Eleganza + Hi-Fi?

Blank2k2

Established member
Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

I've just got back from the dealership where I made some enquires about installing the Amp+Sub in my Eleganza (the one from the GP's Extras pack)

It was priced up about £230 without fitting (£70-80/hr), but the guy said its not compatible with my car so it would need extra parts maybe even an ECU, but its unknown which parts so couldn't add it to the bill.

We have any techies that can resolve this?

Obviously £230 is way out of the ball park for having it done for such a simple bit of kit, but if I can get it on the cheap I want to know if its true about me requiring more parts?

It comes with a separate amp? The car I think I am about to get (sporting) has the subwoofer (hifi) pack but no one seems able to tell me what the difference is in the HIFI bit. Seems a bit pricey just for the small plastic sub.

It comes with a separate amp? The car I think I am about to get (sporting) has the subwoofer (hifi) pack but no one seems able to tell me what the difference is in the HIFI bit. Seems a bit pricey just for the small plastic sub.

well the list of spare parts i was given has listed "Loud Speaker" £137 & "Amplifier" (£102) .... something like that.

Truly puzzled about what "other" parts it would require to get mine equipped, surely the headunits are exactly the same... cant believe my car just "isnt compatible."

Back