Technical Fiat Multipla 1.9 JTD Rear Subframe

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Multipla 1.9 JTD Rear Subframe

martinyates

Hi All Multipla Owners

I have owned my Multipla from new and now after 8 years of age and 115 thousand miles of driving it is showing some signs of old age - bit like me!!

Anyhow, when going over any relatively small bump/hole/ridge in the road there is this almighty thump - sometimes quite loud, from the back of the car.

Jacking the car up, then removing the rear road wheels i inspected the front rubber mounts that secure the front of the rear subframe to the car body chassis rails and to me, there appears to be a lot of vertical and some lateral movement.

Has anyone else experienced this with there car?

Also, has anyone changed these rubber bush like mounts and can they be changed in situ - that is to say, without removing the whole of the rear subframe.

Thanks for any advice and assistance.

Martin :)

Martin, We had the same problem on ours, our local garage is brilliant, he was astounded when he couldn't get hold of the bushes as individual parts or reconditioned! They are only available on the new subframe, we had to have ours replaced at a whopping total of £965 (including labour):cry:. Same parts (rubber bushes) for a BMW would have been around £20! :bang: You will see a few previous posts on exactly the same subject. I don't think anyone has managed to find an alternative yet!

Good Luck

(y)

Kelbert

Someone has used Vectra bushes and poss Tipo bushes on ebay may fit but not 100% on that.

This has been my successful way of replacing the multipla rear subframe bushes on my 52 plate:

I purchased quantity of 2x part number 90496681 - two rear subframe bushes - for the Vauxhall Vectra from a very kind and helpful chap called Albert @ Vauxhall Car Parts (01562 731442).

My mechanic had to machine about 1.5 mm of the aluminium casing of the bushes as well as the fabric and appropriate puller.

The rebound washer that sits under each of the bushes will need spacing with a few washers just to enable a gap to stop vibration transfer.

My mechanic managed to replace both without having to fully remove the subframe.

With labour (including the machining of bushes etc.), parts (2x 90496681 bushes) and vat, both bushes were replaced by my mechanic for £90!!!

This shouldn't fail...if your subframe itself is fine, DO NOT go to FIAT and pay £500 just for parts = £980 including labour!

FIAT ARE RIPPING OFF CUSTOMERS BY NOT MAKING SEPARATE BUSHES AVAILABLE TO THE MOTOR TRADE & THE GENERAL PUBLIC...!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE FROM A VERY PLEASED OWNER...

....MY SINCERE THANKS TO FORUM USER "BRIHL" FOR MAKING US ALL AWARE OF THIS GREAT WAY OF REPAIRING!

Re: Fiat Multipla 1.6 16v Rear Subframe

hi we took our multi for mot and it failed on rear subframe front bushes and guess what we did get an original fiat part from a place call a2z in dewsbury sent out nxt day we getting fitted this week

My Multipla 1.9JTD (120HP) needs an entire new rear subframe or a lot of welding. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might be able to get one? Have contacted 2nd hand websites but all pretty used and still expensive.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Back