General No 12v Socket in the Boot :(

Currently reading:
General No 12v Socket in the Boot :(

I noticed today in the boot of my new EVO that there is no 12v socket where the boot light is. The hole is cut out for it but nothings there. My old Grande Punto had one there so I assumed this must be wrong.

Does anyone who owns an EVO have the same issue as me? Could any EVO owners check before I take it to my local dealer to ask them why it isn't there.

Thanks

Yer Ive got the same in mine. I just thought it wasn't included in the Sporting just on the Eleganza but by the looks of it thats not the case.

I have the whole too but no socket,, maybe theres an option that includes this,, camping pack,, lol,, or towing pack,

Ok must be missing something, I never even knew there was a power socket in the boot. Must have a loot tomorrow when its light.

Finally remembered to have a look and my 07 Sporting does not have a power socket in the boot just a round hole next to the light.

Could be surprisingly useful...kids want to watch a DVD whilst you've got sat nav plugged in?

Carrying a powered coolbox, don't want it sat in front passenger foot well?

Boot plug would be useful...not essential, but useful.

Could be surprisingly useful...kids want to watch a DVD whilst you've got sat nav plugged in?

Carrying a powered coolbox, don't want it sat in front passenger foot well?

Boot plug would be useful...not essential, but useful.

For the sake of a few pence you'd of thought they'd of installed it as standard, not that i've ever found a use for one but since the holes there i see no reason why they couldn't run a wire.

I have just converted the 12v socket in the front to a cigarette lighter.

So now have a 12v socket which I am going to try and fit in the boot, will keep you informed.

12v socket in the boot is an option here in Denmark on the Evo, at a rather nasty price of 1,500 dkk (about £165 ! )

Honestly, that IS rather a stupidly high price and surely materials do not cost that! Sheesh.

Perhaps it would have made sense to make it standard, for those little pence it costs them. Mind you, one thing that has always annoyed me is that my Panda has no boot light. Why, oh why, trim that off the price!!

Damn cost cutters. :bang:

12v socket in the boot is an option here in Denmark on the Evo, at a rather nasty price of 1,500 dkk (about £165 ! )

Honestly, that IS rather a stupidly high price and surely materials do not cost that! Sheesh.

Perhaps it would have made sense to make it standard, for those little pence it costs them. Mind you, one thing that has always annoyed me is that my Panda has no boot light. Why, oh why, trim that off the price!!

Damn cost cutters. :bang:
£165 for a 12v Socket :eek:
I agree about the Panda, that always annoyed me as well (n) although not as much as the "forever breaking washer jets" :bang: thats actually the main reason I changed to the Evo (as daft as it sounds).

looking at the owners manual it shows a diagram on the use of the tyre seal and compressor that you plug in the socket in the boot, so unless you have all opted for spare wheel i would of thought it would be there, i havent got my evo yet get it saturday its an eleganza so i let you know if i got one or not

looking at the owners manual it shows a diagram on the use of the tyre seal and compressor that you plug in the socket in the boot, so unless you have all opted for spare wheel i would of thought it would be there, i havent got my evo yet get it saturday its an eleganza so i let you know if i got one or not

I never opted for a spare, in fact the spare wheel was not an option here for the Sport on the 17" wheels.

Boot 12v socket was an option and is not standard on the Sport, at least here.

Having looked myself, there is a round hole next to the boot light where the socket would be. It's obviously not standard.

Back