General Dealer offer what do you think?

Currently reading:
General Dealer offer what do you think?

ayrshiredude

Ok so I currently have an 07 plate Grande Punto Sporting 1.4 16V in Orleans Blue. Its done 24000 miles and is in very good condition. I have £5355.55 left on finance to pay off. My local dealer has offered me a new Punto Evo 1.4 turbo Sporting, metalic black with black 17" alloys and the tinted window/Red calipers and sub-woofer. He is talking about paying off my existing credit and with a £500 deposit paying £240 p/m on a 4 year PCP plan.

Is this a good deal?

Ok so I currently have an 07 plate Grande Punto Sporting 1.4 16V in Orleans Blue. Its done 24000 miles and is in very good condition. I have £5355.55 left on finance to pay off. My local dealer has offered me a new Punto Evo 1.4 turbo Sporting, metalic black with black 17" alloys and the tinted window/Red calipers and sub-woofer. He is talking about paying off my existing credit and with a £500 deposit paying £240 p/m on a 4 year PCP plan.

Is this a good deal?

So you have to give them the £5355.55 upfront + £500 deposit?
+ £240/month for 48 months (4 years)

Total being: £17,375.55

Well, you can pick up a Sporting Evo (black with sub/tint/redcalipers) for £16,075 outright.

For a finance deal, I wouldn't say there doing you any huge favors, But the Evo is a brilliant car... i think i'd take him up on the deal, if its affordable (which is the key). it'll certainly be an upgrade (y)

Though, you'll need another £100 to buy shampoo/polish/wax cause blacks a nightmare :p

Last edited:
No he is giving me £6000 trade in (about £1000 above book) and I am putting £500 down as a deposit. So that will pay off the remaining credit on my current car. He says they are knocking the price as low as they can (like I believe them).

I bought my EVO from http://fiatsupasaver.com and saved £2600. I also got decent trade in for my Grande Punto.

Look into this and maybe look into a personal loan which you could take to cover the extra you'd need to pay after your car is traded in with them.

Maybe too you could get the loan over 5 years and make the repayments more manageable.

Personally if I stay owning Fiats I'll never use a dealer ever again after buying from the site above (y)

No he is giving me £6000 trade in (about £1000 above book) and I am putting £500 down as a deposit. So that will pay off the remaining credit on my current car. He says they are knocking the price as low as they can (like I believe them).

Ahh right ^_^ now i feel like a tit for not putting 2 & 2 together lol,

But sounds good, a nice Sporting Evo for about 11k (y)

Last edited:

if its from the dealer branch i'm thinking of (like you have a choice north of border!) then wait till last day of month. Branch must meet a target so will bite your hand off for a deal...or bend over the desk, lower APR, extras etc whatever you prefer:devil:

Last edited:
Was over today test driving it and it is a nice car. Quite a lot more power than my 1.4 sporting has. The car is listed at around £16500 with all the extras on it he is now saying that he is going to try and see if he can get any more dealer support to reduce it any more. He is also saying that he is giving me 3 years free servicing which might come with the car anyway, he's not sure, however if it doesn't he is going to give it to me anyway.

There are rumours of free 3 years servicing anyway direct from Fiat and most dealers don't know anything about it.

I am getting 0% APR on full finance over 5 years not PCP (PCP you don't own the car at the end unless you pay a large final payment) but I am putting down a £10,000 deposit.

Check the details carefully on the PCP. Normally they set the value of what they think the car will be worth in 4 years, then you pay your monthly over the 4 years at the end you have to pay any difference to own the car outright.

Well I tend to change my car every 3 years or so anyway and by doing the PCP it should be easier to change. I have found that as my existing car is on straight finance it is worth less than the settlement (book value). With a PCP then I will never have negative equity as I can just walk away from it any time after half way through the finance period.

So how much will you be paying at the end of 4 years?

Thats what I am waiting to find out he hasn't told me. Arnold Clark has said that it must be very high but will wait and see.

He is getting the turbo one, which sound tasty :).

But if you are paying 16k/17k, you thought about other options?

Like what? I test drove the Fiesta Zetec S ab though I liked it I prefer the Punto.

seeing as your car pays the finance your starting with £500 so

£500+£240x48=12020

£16500-£12020=£4480

£5700-£4480=£1220

1220/48=£26 rounded up

£26 per month for finance doesn't seem to be too bad

remember with PCP if u go over your set mileage you will get fined.

My guaranteed final value around the £3600 mark over the same term :(

I would think that a lower final value is good should u want to buy the car outright but bad if you want to trade it in. Is that an accurate though?

Ok slight change to the offer.

no deposit
They take my current car and clear the finance £5355
£240 p/m for 4 years
final payment/guaranteed value - £4600

Is this a decent offer?

Put it this way... You won't regret it :p

I've been practically living in it. Driving my old corsa I did about 8,000miles in 16months.

In 1 just over 1 month, I have already done 2,000 miles. The turbo is fantastic and most of my mates are uber jealous (they eat my dust now)

I'm looking to get my calipers sprayed soon but can't yet decide on what colour and hopefully will get the windows tinted shortly. (Works out cheaper than getting the style pack)

Back