Technical Undertray?

Currently reading:
Technical Undertray?

I was informed by another driver that something was hanging down from under my car. On my return home I had a look and it was the undertray. It is secured at the front and the sides but the screws are missing from the rear, it looks like there should be two screws so I've put cable ties in for now to secure it. I'd like to fix it correctly with screws, does anyone know what size screws I should buy to refix it?

I haven't got the facility to lift and get under the car properly, but it's a metal bar that goes across (under) the car, it has two holes in with threads, I'm guessing I need to bolts with broad heads but I'm not sure of the length and size, I reckon M5 maybe M6, maybe someones had the undertray off and can enlighten me?

Why dont you just get under there, take a bolt out and then go into b and q or somewhere similar and compare :p

Right, having got under it, I have found they are M6 X 20mm Hex Flanged bolts.

However, the undertray is split and damaged in several places, is this item necessary? Is it essential to have an undertray fixed to the car, I know we didn't have them in days of old. If it is important I'll have to order one, £60.80 new from FIAT dealer, grrrrr..................

This is a common problem, I've had three alfas and now own a tjet bravo, despite buying new screws I can pretty much guarantee they'll come out again. Get some tie wraps - the thickest you can find and they'll hold it, does the exact same job and no need to worry if it'll come off again

Right, having got under it, I have found they are M6 X 20mm Hex Flanged bolts.

However, the undertray is split and damaged in several places, is this item necessary? Is it essential to have an undertray fixed to the car, I know we didn't have them in days of old. If it is important I'll have to order one, £60.80 new from FIAT dealer, grrrrr..................

Main thing I'd be worried about is road grit getting into the altenator.

Back