General Sedici problems

Currently reading:
General Sedici problems

3 repairs so far

Hi All,

Desperate for some help/advice on my Sedici. Bought it three weeks ago (private sale from a good friend - 2.5 years old, still under dealer warranty). In the time between us agreeing to purchase it, and taking delivery it broke down. To be precise it failed to start. One RAC van later and several hours, it was lifted back to the dealer for fixing. They said there was a problem with the EMS, reset it, and returned it.

We then took posession of it, and guess what - a week later it did exactly the same thing. Different RAC man, different pick up truck, and this time they told us it was the fuel pump, replaced it, and back it came.

A week later I had to make a 200 mile trip up to my father's bedside in a hospice. Sadly he died. Whilst making my way back to his house, complete with his belongings, I popped into a supermarket to get some supplies. When I came out it would not start!! You probably get the picture - RAC man, pickup truck.....!!!! Local garage to my father's said there was a loose connection, and cobbled something together so I could get home the next day.

Took car to dealer, who said that that was not the problem, and that they did not know what the problem was as the car was now going. I told them that I did not want to have the car back until they had sorted it, and am now driving a very nice loan car ( the dealer is being very helpful - but is no where near knowing what the problem is).

Have checked, and until this problem arose the car has always been reliable - regularly serviced etc.

Any ideas gratefully received

Hi All,

Desperate for some help/advice on my Sedici. Bought it three weeks ago (private sale from a good friend - 2.5 years old, still under dealer warranty). In the time between us agreeing to purchase it, and taking delivery it broke down. To be precise it failed to start. One RAC van later and several hours, it was lifted back to the dealer for fixing. They said there was a problem with the EMS, reset it, and returned it.

We then took posession of it, and guess what - a week later it did exactly the same thing. Different RAC man, different pick up truck, and this time they told us it was the fuel pump, replaced it, and back it came.

A week later I had to make a 200 mile trip up to my father's bedside in a hospice. Sadly he died. Whilst making my way back to his house, complete with his belongings, I popped into a supermarket to get some supplies. When I came out it would not start!! You probably get the picture - RAC man, pickup truck.....!!!! Local garage to my father's said there was a loose connection, and cobbled something together so I could get home the next day.

Took car to dealer, who said that that was not the problem, and that they did not know what the problem was as the car was now going. I told them that I did not want to have the car back until they had sorted it, and am now driving a very nice loan car ( the dealer is being very helpful - but is no where near knowing what the problem is).

Have checked, and until this problem arose the car has always been reliable - regularly serviced etc.

Any ideas gratefully received

mine was brand new and had 100 mile on the clock when the starter motor packed in replaced under dealer warrenty.

Mine,1.6 petrol,it just start to have this problem.Wen you fix it tell us about it!!

As with Tiny Tim's comments a lot depends on exactly what happened.

Is everything dead when you turn the key i.e. no dash lights no electrics? I that instance it could be something as daft as a loose connection at the battery terminals.

If you get juice does the fuel pump prime and the car try to turn over? If not again it could actually be something as easy as a dodgy relay or fuse.

Back