Logbook Woes

Currently reading:
Logbook Woes

hey all, the time has come to dust off the bike and dig out the leathers..

but you guessed it, i can't find the logbook, i can't understand it, everything else in my bike folder is there, it needs taxing, i don't have a reminder as it's sorned until the back end of this year.

i'm pretty sure i'll have to wait for a new one to come, i'd be happy enough to pay the £25 for a new one if i could sort it today, just be a bit gutted if i'd have to wait since i'm going away with friends next weekend.

anyway if anyone has any advice/tips/help would be grrreat :D

Hmmmm, I think you're stuffed, then.

You need either the reference no. from the tax reminder (even if it's the one you used to SORN it, I think) or the reference number from the V5 and reg. number.

You can tax it at a local DVLA office if you haven't got the V5, but you need to apply for a new V5 whilst you're there.

my sorn email confirmation has a reference number
wonder if you could use yours(if you asked for an email) to tax?

deffinately worth a look like, cheers mate.

failing that i've been told i can go to the DVLA office, pay for the logbook and tax it on the same day which i'm fine with, although £25 is steep it's my own fault for loosing it

Shouldn't be a problem if the car is that new it does not need an MOT, you can pick up the form from the PO as you have the V5 but you will need your insurance certificate.

All the best
Ian

Back