Technical AirBag Warning Light Flashes When I Brake

Currently reading:
Technical AirBag Warning Light Flashes When I Brake

DeathMarkedLove

Hello everyone, back again for some more advice, all of which comes in handy all the time, i love this site haha.

Ok, like the title says, the airbag light flashes occasionnaly when i brake.

Say i've been driving for 1 mile and haven't touched them, then i brake it will flash only once, then i might see it again 10 minutes later, sometimes nnot for weeks.

I dont think its anything to worry about untill it stays on but was just wandering what you guys think?

Also the other post i put about a running water noise behind the dash, i am still running the car with the noise everynow and again and like the bloke at the garage said its normal, the car is still running fine.

I await your responses

Cheeeeeerss :):):)

There will be a poor connection to the airbag unit or its sensors that are failing under braking force. The common fault is the sensor in the seat (which I think monitors seat position). It's important that you sort this because you are most likely to be braking when you need them.

If you decide to check or disconnect any airbag wiring or sensors, disconnect the battery first else you might end up with light permanently on (until reset with a reader device). Don't forget to make sure your radio isn't coded before disconnecting the battery though (or make sure you know the code if it is coded).

red

Back