15136_372519705437_618715437_10126857_6236717_n_1_.jpg

Grande Punto My Black Tjet

Introduction

My Black Tjet Project

Thought id show how my little tjet has progressed over the last 2years :)
(bare with me ill be editing this post for a while as i get used to it lol)

I did pretty much nothing to the tjet for a year,

Firstly im not much into ICE installs, so in the audio front i only added a pre-amped subwoofer in the back, 10inch fusion tube type, the reason because it came with a remote and its suprisingly powerfull and being that it has a hard shell the boot is still very useable!

DSCN02561.JPG

DSCN02131.JPG

Next i got a Red GSR induction, not any power gains but the sound is worth it ;)

15136_372533955437_618715437_10126915_688020_n.jpg

Soon after my custom cat-back exhaust from Torque Exhausts in enfield, again power gains wernt noticeable, i asked for a 2 and 1/4 inch bore straight threw pipe and sound wise i wanted the rally pops and crackles and a nice burble on idle and they provided (y) finished with a twin 3inch tips.

DSCN0025.JPG

15136_372519660437_618715437_10126855_1260728_n_1_.jpg

15136_372519705437_618715437_10126857_6236717_n_1_.jpg
Reactions: GotGrande
Two tone Abarth Alloys and Pirelli Pzero neros :) now the tyres have sorted themselves out the grip is hugely better than my old dunlop 9000s i got with the standard alloys.

DSCN02341.JPG

oh and painted the calipers a while ago too, need doing again soon when i next clean up the discs and pads in the better weather :rolleyes:.

DSCN02321.JPG

Alloys i wernt so sure at first but i think it gives the car a more aggresive look and there brilliant for cleaning, when there dirty it doesnt show and when there clean the shiny the flat side is like a mirror :D

DSCN02441.JPG

Last edited:
Gauges,

i saw two pods stuck to the side of the speedo surround a while ago and always thought itd look good smoothed and sprayed up by a pro, so thats what happened :)

i knew how to install the boost hosing itself and spraying it up but smoothing the surround and wiring into the electrics i thought wasnt worth me doing myself lol

so i took off the steering wheel control and speedo surround, got my two mutli colour gauges and two pods. and took it into Hybrid motorsport and paintworks near me explained what i wanted and heres a few pictures of the progress as he made it for me.

DSCN0050.JPG

DSCN0059.JPG

thought id do the hard part and reinstall the steering wheel controls :p.

DSCN02121.JPG

DSCN0203.JPG

Heres the gauges finished.

DSCN0219.JPG

DSCN02091.JPG

DSCN0218.JPG

I bought two new alloys that i originally wanted to replace one on the car and put one in the boot, after costing up new tyres valves and fitting it worked out cheaper for me to buy the abarth alloy and tyre set from shop4parts and sell the originals, so one went to a FF member to replace a buckled alloy on his car, 4 are going to a new home in manchester and that left me one for a just in case moment in the boot :)

to protect it abit i went out and bought some MDF and accoustic carpet, cut to shape and wrapped it up nicely to offer some protection from when the car goes to wickes lol

DSCN02571.JPG

also the picture is hard to see but i got 4x alloy dust caps with the red fiat logo on from ebay tis a nice touch :)

DSCN02582.JPG

as i dont seem to be able to edit my posts anymore, with the rest of the carpet i used it in the glovebox and other places to stop my keys and coins rattlnig and it went well so tis a nice soft touch to the interior :rolleyes: i recommend doing, cost me under £15 worth it for abit of quiet ;)

Wahey about time you got a thread going on the car matey lol the gauges look spot on (y) Never knew u had the abarth wheels though....Just waitin for your hoses now arent we lol they will turn up eventually

yeah i thought id pull my finger out now ive done a few things, cheers im pleased with how things have gone. the wheels were kind of an accident i stumbled on lol

ill get more pictures up soon old and some of the new forge stuff, i had some trouble with the forum recognizing pictures i took on my phone but ill figure it out hopefully :)

Car looks very nice mate. Hard work pays off lol one question though could you tell me how you removed the steering wheel buttons?

Thanks

Cheers mate, im pleased but theres much more to come!

the surround i got off with a cloth over a flat head screwdriver, each surround attaches to the wheel in 3 or 4places top and bottom just be patient, worked for me :rolleyes:

The buttons when the set is of the wheel the buttons can be pushed up from underneath, with a little tab you need to push in and theyll come towards you and then you just pull them off from the center of the surround, good luck (y)

Shweet... thats going to look very nice with all your hoses on, etc (y)

You not thought about a remap?

I like the wheels aswell (y) I did the samething when i come to change the tyres, the p zero nero tyres are much better than the pontenza's :)

Get it lowered on some eibach sportlines (y)

Shweet... thats going to look very nice with all your hoses on, etc (y)

You not thought about a remap?

I like the wheels aswell (y) I did the samething when i come to change the tyres, the p zero nero tyres are much better than the pontenza's :)

Get it lowered on some eibach sportlines (y)

thanks mate, itll be a nice couple days of playing :D

i have thought about the remap, but i wont be doing that until the engine mods have finished itll be the last thing :)

yeah i like the wheels i wasnt sure at first but im pleased now (y)

im thinking about lowering i want the abarth springs not a big drop as my town is speed bump central and i have my eye on changing the cars bumpers etc. not sure yet but its idea stage right now

After a very long wait they finally arrived :)

DSCN0262.JPG

They being, Coolant hose kit, Boost hose kit, Breather hose, Subframe braces, Front mounted intercooler and lastly an Alloy inlet pipe. :D

YAY!!!! Ooooooo New parts :p Sorry mate but about friggin time they arrived lemme know when you fit the intercooler on how hard it was etc, and dont forget take before and after pics (y)

Bet your made up now after that very long wait for them lol

YAY!!!! Ooooooo New parts :p Sorry mate but about friggin time they arrived lemme know when you fit the intercooler on how hard it was etc, and dont forget take before and after pics (y)

Bet your made up now after that very long wait for them lol

yep promise before and after pics, just got to source the jubilee clips now!

haha yeah it was grand, i got paid yesterday got home saw my parts and my parents went away for the holidays so thought id have a small gathering of drunkenness lol a good day all round :D

Back