General Picking up new Evo this weekend

Currently reading:
General Picking up new Evo this weekend

joeraz

This sunday,, but was wondering if theres anything i should be looking for?

I know its brand new but im sure theres still mistakes being made,, i read about the fog & reverse lens cock up,,

Also the dealer said i could take anything off the car im trading in,, now when they looked at the car ( it was in for a repair) to value it the boot was full so no way they could look at the spare,,

Could i remove this & keep for new car or swap for the silly foam inflator, obviously if the wheels on the evo are the same size,,

Any thoughts

Congratulations on the new car :)

I would say just check for damage/things not being as you'd expect from a car that's just out the factory.

With regard to the spare - the price they offered on the old car will assume it's as is standard for that model (at a guess). As long as they haven't made a note that it's got a spare wheel - you have nothing to worry about. Same with anything else on it. Obviously, if you start pulling bits off of it that would affect the price they have given you, they'll be quite p!ssed off though lol.

Last edited:
The salesman said i can take the tax, mats & anything else,, still got my amp to unwire & hopefully get the power cable out too,, plus the amp Gain knob mounted in the dash,, will leave the Clifford alarm though, lol,,

I may just ask about swapping the spares,, unless the foam thing is better than a real spare.

Noooo - keep the spare!

Spares aren't standard on GPs are they? So I'd say as long as it's not marked as an extra on the valuation you've been given - have it out. The fix and go kit isn't a good replacement for a spare wheel.

I may just ask if the spare was included in the valuation before i take it,, incase i get charged for it,, but then gota make sure its the same size too.......

I may just ask if the spare was included in the valuation before i take it,, incase i get charged for it,, but then gota make sure its the same size too.......

In the Evo's brochure it has different spares for different models depending on wheel sizes, just make sure you spare matches what the spare size say in the brochure for your model

This sunday,, but was wondering if theres anything i should be looking for?

I know its brand new but im sure theres still mistakes being made,, i read about the fog & reverse lens cock up,,

Also the dealer said i could take anything off the car im trading in,, now when they looked at the car ( it was in for a repair) to value it the boot was full so no way they could look at the spare,,

Could i remove this & keep for new car or swap for the silly foam inflator, obviously if the wheels on the evo are the same size,,

Any thoughts

Well from when i picked up my Evo, couple of little things....

Check the paint work, if you see your car in the carpark when you arrive try to take a look at it without a salesman ambushing you so you can really check it out without distraction..... mine had a blemish on the car door!..... and if there is a fault, point it out, they wont mind it just means they'll move on it straight away & arrange the repair work to be done.

on the drivers side near the door, theres a compartment that you can open, mine didnt seem to shut squarely, luckily i broke it :cool: and the dealership repaired it ("Hey i just found this compartment, f'ing thing fell apart in my hand!") & now it shuts perfect.... so yeah, if you get the opportunity just open that & make sure it closes properly.

Other than that pretty much no problems (apart from my blue&me tomtom not connecting with car properly, work in progress.)

Last edited:
Back