General Dualogic Problem Maybe?

Currently reading:
General Dualogic Problem Maybe?

Fergy

Hi Folks

Can you please give some advice whether i have a problem with the dualogic gearbox on our 3 week old 1.4 500.

When you put the foot down at about 60 mph the rev counter goes through the roof but car doesn't accelerate it's as if it was wheelspinning. It only happens for a about a second or so then picks up speed (it seems to be worse when sport button has been pressed).

Can you advise if we should take it too the dealer or try & adjust our driving style, is it wheelspin or a fault with the gearbox??

Thanks in advance
Fergy & Elbee

My 1.4 dualogic is sometimes horribly slow to react to a demand for instant acceleration. It troubles me more when I'm pulling away from a junction where I haven't come to a complete stop, and the car decides at the last moment to change from 2nd down into 1st, resulting in what I consider to be a dangerous delay in acceleration.

I believe it's something to do with the system being electronic rather than responding to torque, and I have so far gained the impression from this forum that it's not something that can be fixed. I'll be watching any further replies with interest!

Hi Folks

Can you please give some advice whether i have a problem with the dualogic gearbox on our 3 week old 1.4 500.

When you put the foot down at about 60 mph the rev counter goes through the roof but car doesn't accelerate it's as if it was wheelspinning. It only happens for a about a second or so then picks up speed (it seems to be worse when sport button has been pressed).

Can you advise if we should take it too the dealer or try & adjust our driving style, is it wheelspin or a fault with the gearbox??

Thanks in advance
Fergy & Elbee

are you sure it's not lowering the gear at that moment? if it's not, maxi is probably right.

drive with windows down you should hear the actuator switching gear - takes a second approx

and yes it blips the throttle on down shift (y) :cool:

i think it's just the nature of the beast - if you wanted quick changes you should have bought a manual...

Some mentionned here that the 1.4 isn't as good as the 1.2 at low revs (or low speed was it?), could that be the explanation (1.4 + dual) or part of it?
No idea if it is the case, it's just that I haven't experienced your problems at all with my 1.2 dualogic.
Good luck to you anyway Fergy. :)

Last edited:
Some mentionned here that the 1.4 isn't as good as the 1.2 at low revs (or low speed was it?), could that be the explanation (1.4 + dual) or part of it?
No idea if it is the case, it's just that I haven't experienced your problems at all with my 1.2 dualogic.
Good luck to you anyway Fergy. :)

nope, 1.4 should rev easier at higher speeds but 1.2 is better at lower revs because 1.4 has 4 valves per cylinder whereas 1.2 has 2. i don't know the technical explanation for it but it's the nature of 8v engines.

Last edited:
Back