Mario1.JPG

500 Meet Mario

Introduction

All the way from the Antipodes, here's the first Fiat in our family since my wife drove a '65 500 "Bambina" in the 70's !!

Enjoying him a lot, now off to "accessorise" ;)

Funny you should say that, 'cos he seems to get that a lot :)

Even got positive (friendly) acknowledgement from the local Ford dealers mechanics when I passed by (they're just round the corner from my Fiat dealer). In NZ we don't get the new Ka, so they probably don't know what they're missing ;)

Very nice indeed – a real looker! :)

Have just put a deposit down for a 500 so I hope to join your joy in about... 10-12 weeks! :D

I have to say I find this "put a deposit down, get in XX weeks" concept intriguing.

Out here we get the "I have a red one and a blue one - which do you want" story :p

Having played with the configurator tool when it first came out and dreamed of my "customised" 500, having so little choice was a bit of a let down when I came to purchase.

Oh well, better surf for some more "add-ons" too make it "unique":cool:

I have to say I find this "put a deposit down, get in XX weeks" concept intriguing.

Out here we get the "I have a red one and a blue one - which do you want" story :p

Really!? Now it's my turn to be intrigued! I spent waaay too long on the configurator – it may have been an easier decision for to make if I only had the red/blue option! :D

Which accessories are you thinking of getting?

Cheers Yazzy Que

Option ? well car is in at dealers today getting the chrome "A-bar" and bonnet strip fitted to complete the chrome look, and I've got a set of "Sport" centre caps coming (thanks to shop4parts) 'cos the red ring will match nicely.

Trying to find some quality seat covers so the dog can come with us. Repco (NZ equivalent of Halfords) standard is not acceptable :cool:.

Otherwise that's it at the moment. Just enjoying it:D

Last edited:
Finally got around to taking some photos of our cool new seat covers.

JC Seatcovers in the UK were great with all the to-ing and fro-ing of faux leather samples to ensure we matched the colours etc and the covers are just what we wanted (Thanks Lucio and co. :)).

Now just waiting for the personalised Europlate to be manufactured and this Kiwi Fiat will be finished.......well almost.........I have some red faux leather for the door cards now :cool: ......

Oh and thanks also to Chris at Souls for the door sill trims as well (y)

Attachments

• P9050035.JPG
    P9050035.JPG
    922.7 KB · Views: 81
  • P9050036.JPG
    P9050036.JPG
    932.8 KB · Views: 48
  • P9050037.JPG
    P9050037.JPG
    913.8 KB · Views: 52
  • P9050038.JPG
    P9050038.JPG