Styling Which CD Changer for Blaupunkt Punto Mid Head

Currently reading:
Styling Which CD Changer for Blaupunkt Punto Mid Head

As the title says, which model of CD Changer can I connect to my Blaupunkt Punto Mid head unit (4 speaker model with rear factory 'sub').

I have an idea that it might be the A08 model but am not too sure as the supplied ICE instruction manual is basically, pants ....

I have a Grundig MCD36 which was removed from my Brava, unfortunatley the donkeys at the body shop who removed my personal effects from the car (it had been written off ) didn't remove the supply cable and 'lost' the 6 disc cassette ! (More frigging angry letters for me to write now ! ).

If the punto is 1999 on (mk2) and has blaupunkt tape player you need the CDC-A03 from blaupunkt, which I believe is an updated version of the A-08. Some sony units also fit (I'm told, I've got the blaupunkt).

Good website (not necessarily cheapest) is www.add-a-cdchanger.com (might be .co.uk) gives you all the ones that fit.

mines got a Blaupunkt 5 cd changer. it fits in the dash aswell not in boot or glove box like some of then daft ones, not sure if its got a number on i will look tomorrow,

Attachments

• cd changer.JPG
    cd changer.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 88
Glad to be of help, I got mine a good few quid less than there though. They turn up on ebay regularly if you trust a second hand one else just shop around.

'Tis a great forum check out the leisure lounge!

Richard.

I have another Question... Ignition live

I seem to recall that the Radio in my Brava came on and off with the Ignition switch, this was selectable via a Menu function on the Head unit. The Blaupunkt doesn't have this facility :( .
Has anybody changed the wiring to make the main power in wire 'Ignition Live' and if so, does the Radio turn on and off as soon as you turn the Ignition on, or do you still need to keep turning it on manually ?(obviously it will switch off automatically with ignition off).
As you can see I'm a lazy git and just want the Radio on all the time the car is running, I tend to just turn the volume down if needs be.

Any advice, particularly which wires to change over. I assume there will be something like a permanent 'memory' Live going in to which i'll need to keep configured in this way, It is just the main system power in I wish to change....

Back