TomTom Blue&Me "No Bluetooth Detected, Check car has bluetooth turned on."

Currently reading:

Blank2k2

Established member

Just thought id put this here for future searches (and if anyone has a fix...)

I received my Punto Evo yesterday afternoon with Blue&Me TomTom, but when trying to connect the TomTom to the cars blue&me system using the "Find Blue&Me" button, it searches / asks for the PIN / please wait / "No Bluetooth Connected, check car has bluetooth turned on."

I know the car seems to be working ok as my phones sync'd with it, and if i search for a bluetooth device via the satnav, it see's the blue&me, but wont connect to it as its not a phone (Have to use the "Find Blue&Me" button)

I also tried updating Blue&Me, but got Error 10 msgs.

If anyone knows the fix for this then great, but i plan to take it to the dealership on friday and get them to fix it if there isnt a fix posted on forum

Re: TomTom Blue&Me "No Bluetooth Detected, Check car has bluetooth turned on."

Update:

Fiat Dealership tested the satnav on other evos & it worked fine, they've told me its down to a control unit for the blue&me which they've ordered so im awaiting a call from them on that.

Will keep updated.

I had the same on my demo, they did some trickery with the examiner and sorted it.

I had the same on my demo, they did some trickery with the examiner and sorted it.

Well, ive still not heard anything back from Fiat about this part they've ordered, 2 weeks ago i rang them & asked about it and they said there still waiting for it to arrive.

Has this problem come up in any other cars? and is there an easy-fix yet cause im getting pee'd off with waiting, feeling very much as if im being fobbed off by my dealership with this problem.

Blank2k2, did you manage to get your Blue&Me control unit changed?

I'm having a situation with my Alfa Mito where the symptoms are exactly similar. After reading your post from here in Fiat Forum I advised mechanics to check Blue&Me control unit. It appeared to be wrong one supporting old useless Blue&Me Map instead ordered Blue&Me TomTom support. And now importer (after contacting factory in Turin) claims that it is not changeable, but I'm a little bit suspicious. I know that if that money would go from my wallet, they would probably find every single part of the car changeable. :)
Any information from you or other fellow Fiat drivers is highly appreciated.

I'll just try to stand up for my rights, even I know I'm probably :bang:

I had the same issue on my 500... turns out my B&M just wasn't new enough, nothing could be done apart from a refund

After eventually getting TomTom to give me a new map update my BLUE&ME TomTom is connecting via the dash dock to the BLUE&ME system OK. The little red car shows up in the display and I can access all the functions without any problems.

The only thing that I can't get it to do is to use the car speakers, it says it is unable to find a compatible match yet it displays and plays all the music on the USB stick so it is obviously connected to the system. :confused:

The TomTom speaker is fine but I would like it to be able to silence the music when relaying instructions.

Any ideas?

Yikes, didn't realise this thread was still about, sorry i haven't replied sooner!

Yes, my B&M Unit was changed (Twice)... 2nd time it worked (y) and not had any problems since.

And unfortunately B&M TomTom doesn't use the car speakers & cant be made to, as far as i'm aware is just a limitation of the Blue&Me System as it doesn't support Audio over Bluetooth. (But we're hoping, future updates will put in this capability but not holding breath.)

Back