Styling DIY Door Handles

Currently reading:
Styling DIY Door Handles

Been wanting to do this ages now and finally got it done due to the good weather. Total cost = £15! :)

Also, gloss vinyled my door pillars. You may not be able to see them that clearly here.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Attachments

• 100_3826.JPG
    100_3826.JPG
    804.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_3829.JPG
    100_3829.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
  • 100_3830.JPG
    100_3830.JPG
    935.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_3831.JPG
    100_3831.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
  • 100_3837.JPG
    100_3837.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
Great job (y)

Really suprises me they only put colour coded handles on higher up models.

Cheers mate. I know the black handles look rubbish. Had been scouring eBay to see if there were any red handles going but no joy so I had a blast myself.

Cheers again

ooooooo looks brilliant!! Mine are needing done too. where did u get the paint, did u put anything on top to "finish it"?
im gonna copy :D

Couple of steps you have to follow:

1. Clean the handles with soap and water.
2. Sand down the handles with Wet/Dry sandpaper.
3. Clean the residue from the handles with a cloth.
4. Spray a couple of layers of red primer (or whatever colour you are going to spray your handles).
5. Spray three light coats of your chosen colour.
6. When dry coat with clear lacquer.

Best to leave to dry over night as not to get finger prints in the finish.

And your done!

PS. Obviously you have to mask off the parts of the car you don't want the paint to get to lol

I went to Halfords and got their "Fiat Red Orange" spray paint but it didn't match exactly to the colour. Luckily for me I had a can of gloss red Plasti Kote in the garage. Gave it a couple of coats of that and it darken it down to near perfection. It's as close as you'll get without getting the paint made up. Quite pleased with it.

I thought that their paint that said Fiat on it would be the right one. I know now not to trust Halfords. That being said it is pretty much perfect and it only cost me £15

Yeah true. Well to be honest I never really thought about getting the paint properly mixed which I should have. I kind of did it on a wim lol what do you make of it then?

Yeah without a doubt. Always hated having the black ones. Like Jason said earlier you only get colour coded handles on the higher spec models. Cheers though mate.

Im going to do this possibly tomorrow if all good, did you find it difficult to spray up into the handle? Good job of your handles mate (y)

Back