Technical Magneti Marelli Battery

Currently reading:
Technical Magneti Marelli Battery

serdarce

Hi,
I have a Fiat Punto 1.4 16 V New Dynamic vehicle. Model year is 2005.
I'm from Turkey.
My battery (accumulator) is weak. So I'm looking for a new battery. In the engine, there is a Magneti Marelli battery. Here is some specs that I can found from batteries outside :
Magneti Marelli
12V 44AH 250A
560250-STS
Dimensions : Width : 175 mm, Length : 175 mm, Height : 190 mm.
This battery is also known as "cubetto".
But I couldn't find this battery in Turkey, neither Fiat Services nor local producers.
Is there a provider in Turkey that I can purchase or order this product? Or is there a way to purchase from an offical dealer?
This is an unusual battery I guess because there is no battery like this in local producers.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks

Just get a battery that fits into the battery box. I have a Bosch SIlver which needs a block of wood under the securing strap.

Thanks for answers guys. I'm looking a battery which fit in the box. I don't want to use a battery which is not suitable. I don't want to use a piece of wood etc on the battery. So, I need exact battery as same original battery. Don't you find original size battery?

The Bosch "Silver" battery (cells contain silver) is physically smaller than the original, but has a higher charge capacity. I could have used a cheaper one that has less weight though about the same size. The cheaper version has a 2 year warranty. The Bosch is 5 (or maybe 6 years). I decided the additional £20 was cheap insurance against an early battery failure.

In the end its down to cost and performance. Physical size (as long as it fits the car) is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks again for the answers. I always want to use original speare parts on my car. That's my character :)

I couldn't open the web page of Bosch. Can you send me the product and/or catalog name and number? So I can see the product and order one for me from Turkey.

This is from the Bosch catalogue.

Attachments

• Punto Bosch Bat1.JPG
    Punto Bosch Bat1.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 334
  • Punto Bosch Bat2.JPG
    Punto Bosch Bat2.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 250
You probably cannot buy the original any more because the design will have improved since the car was built. There is also the fact that original parts are often only enough to get through the warranty period. The Bosch Silver is much better quality than the original or for about £20 less you can have a battery which is about the same.

Hi guys,

Thanks for he answers. This is very useful for me. By the way, I found the same battery (as size and electric) on Varta. Now, I have 2 alternative to buy. Thanks !

Ok, then, Are there problems on this vehicle on long term use. My car is 2005 and about 35.000 km. What is your opinions?

These cars have electrically assisted power steering which is most needed at low speed and where a weak battery can cause problems. Its therefore best to go for the best quality battery.

Long term, make sure the coolant and oils are are changed and replace the camshaft belt is replaced according to the service schedule. If many short journeys are driven change the oil more often.

Apart from that all you need to know is on this discussion panel.

Back