General Just bought an "abused" Cinq Sport - Help and advise needed.

Currently reading:
General Just bought an "abused" Cinq Sport - Help and advise needed.

Wrexham_Lager

Just recently I smashed my Vauxhall Astra to bits and therefore have bought a jet black Fiat Cinquecento Sporting.

Basically the only reason I bought this car was to get me back on the road - cheaply and quickly. The car on a P ('96) plate, 32,000 - and cost me a mere £250!!!!

Originally I thought the car would do for a couple of months until I could afford to replace the Astra - but after a month of driving it, Ive found how fun the little beast is to drive!! - its great!!

I can see why you guys love these cars, great fun to drive, handle like Maradona and quick off the mark.

The car is far from perfect (hence the price) but id like to try and "restore" it back to moderate respectability, it has damage to the passenger side which looks as though something has scraped against the whole side. A new door could be needed. Someone has replaced the Sportings alloys with some entry level Cinqs wheels and terrible plastic wheel trims, as well as the exhaust (probably just the back box) with a dreadful excuse for a rusty pipe which is near falling off....

Just wondering if anyone could give me a background, possible cost and information on where to get such items....

any help would be great.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums mate,
There are a few sites you could try:

http://www.powerfiat.com/index.php/cPath/19
http://www.shop4parts.co.uk/

They both sell quite a few spares which give you some indication.
Or you could always try a scrap yard?

You can get a few nice exhausts for the sporting, janspeed, magnex, seibring, ashely, itc, sportex etc.
Depends what you are after really, whether it be sound, performance gain etc.
I have a center exit dual 3.5" sportex exhaust which is very loud. There are a few on ebay at the moment
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38786&item=4518144352&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
8c_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38786&item=4518145840&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
4d_1.JPG

(both the boxter style which is more of a long oval tailpipe design and also the twin dtm) your looking to pay around £100 for one of these brand new from http://www.tuning.co.uk/fiatshop/ fast fiat also sell some mods like body kits etc.
Advice about the alloys would be to look on ebay or look here, i do know there are a few people who are selling alloys which would fit a cinq on these forums.
body styling, www.stxstyling.co.uk sell the storm 1 and 2 kits which fit the cinqs.
If you need any other info give us a shout
hope this helps

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Std Alloys appear on here from time to time...eBay isd a good bet too..
Doors..Erm, there are people on here that might be able to help, but its a scrappers and respray job usually..

Exhausts are easy enough to come by, although it costs nearly as much to buy std equipment as it does to by aftermarket gear..

Oh..Hi btw!

hello and welcome

im guessing from the name you from wrexham, if so kingsley's ruabon and clywd both have cinqs in, standard cinqs mind but that wouldnt be a problem if you just wanted a door

as for the rest, there isnt much more i can add that hasnt all ready been said

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Cheers Guys for the help!!

Gaz, yes indeed I am from Wrexham, planning to visit the scrappies soon. Just thought id ask around on here first.

Serin, just emailed the guy about the door now, sorry to sound naive but will the Punto alloys fit straight on? - I assume they will as you seem to know what you are talking about!! :)

thanks to all.....

i have a set of 13" sporting wheels with decent enough 165/55 rubber in my shed. 2 of the wheels are less than a year old an all are in very very very good condition and would look near on perfect after a damm good clean!!!

i will also have 30mm lowering springs on offer in a week or so as well!

Wrexham_Lager said:
Serin, just emailed the guy about the door now, sorry to sound naive but will the Punto alloys fit straight on? - I assume they will as you seem to know what you are talking about!! :)

thanks to all.....

Wow serin you fooled him :p

Hi Punto alloys will fit but you need spacers
Mase abarth can tell you what size as he has punto gt heels on his cinq

bloomfieldliam said:
Wow a convert, and I bet you thought Cinq's and Sei's were crap when your Astra was alive?! Liam

Not really, just never saw myself owning one due to the size of the car.....

A friend of mine (who may even be on this site?!) not long ago managed to swap one for a Nissan Sunny(!!), and he loves it....so when the chance came to get one at such a silly price, I thought, why not for now? - a month after driving it though, I think I may keep it, get it back to a reasonable standard, and if I need a bigger car....keep it as a second car! (finances permitting!)

My Astra was not exactly a world beater, it was a 1.6i 1993 Cdi model with a boot (not a Belmont I must stress!!!!!!!!!!) but I must admit for an Astra it was quite smart - Metalic black/grey - with red trim.... the bodywork was near imaculate - not a sniff of rust, and it did have quite a nice subtle spoiler and reasonable Vauxhall standard Alloys - once had it up to 118 mph on the M56....bit stupid, but I had to test it out you see.. :)

....oh well...rest in pieces!!

Attachments

• DEADASTRA.jpg
    DEADASTRA.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Astra Saloon then or Sedan as they yanks call it!

They are fun wee cars, my friends were amazed when I first got it cos, I could beat some of them and out handle most!

Liam

Back