Technical Car battery Dead

Currently reading:
Technical Car battery Dead

last night i went to start me car and it was dead there was ignition lights but engine wouldnt turn over.
I roll started it and it drove ok. i drove about 10-15mins stopped then did same trip back. (no problem starting)
Went to start this morning and it was a dead again.. and it was harder to roll start it.
Im thinking that the battery didnt fully charge on the first run i did last night so i drove about 40miles got home and checked the voltage and it was charging at 13.9v

Any idea what could be drainin the battery? ive noticed theres no light on in my boot could it be that which is draining my battery over night?

Ive just put a new alternator belt on and not noticed any difference in the voltage. all the earths seem ok too.
Anything else i can check?

ok ill try that when i next start up the car.. atm ive taken the battery terminal off to see if its the battery not holding its charge.. but this morning when i checked the voltage it was down to 6v. Im thinkin it could be something draining. but i wouldnt know what since ive not put/taken anything on/off.

well it is supposed to be a new battery well.. someone for like a week had it and they drained it. then it was recharged then given to me. I did have a similar problem with my old battery which is why i purchased a new one

ok.. ive dissconnected my alarm just incase it is that.. gonna see what its like later.
What other test can i carry out to check drainage? i know about the ammeter but ive not got one.. only multi meter.

Thanks for your replies btw

Normally if the altanator is failing then the alternator light stays on when the key is removed (but not always)

If the battery is going flat overnight when connected then try removing the fuses half at a time,if it doesnt go flat then it something in that half. If it goes flat then put the first lot back and remove the other half, if it still goes flat then start looking at other items, i.e. disconnect the starter lead.

A battery can show 12.5V but have some cells with next to no charge capacity. If it spins over OK on jump leads then its not the starter and most likely to be the battery.

Back