Dealerships.

Currently reading:
Dealerships.

Miz

Hi Folks,

What sign's should I look out for, to spot a dodgy dealership.

Thanks

M.

Hi Folks,

What sign's should I look out for, to spot a dodgy dealership.

Thanks

M.

"FIAT" :p

No seriously, word of mouth & asking on here!

Chained dealerships aren't particularly as good (looking at some of the threads in this section) but I've not used a chain Fiat dealer before. Go independant and you'll be fine. (y)

Chained dealerships aren't particularly as good (looking at some of the threads in this section) but I've not used a chain Fiat dealer before. Go independant and you'll be fine. (y)

do exactly what puntoSS said i have been trying to get a new drivers side wing mirror for my GP from Glyn Hopkins (Fiat) in Bishops Stortford as some woman decided to write mine off 3 weeks ago and its now been a week of waiting for it.
ive never known somewhere to have such bad customer service and ive only had the car 4 months. doesnt look very good for the future does it :shrug:

I've not had any problems with Glyn Hopkin (St Albans) in fact they've been quite the opposite, not had any problems with them. Its been in a couple of times for warranty work and it has been completed well and promptly.

The only way you will find out is to use one and judge for yourself. If you are not happy dont go back It just doesnt follow that if person A has a bad experience with them person B also will. My local dealer has shut up shop now but in the past I read comments in this forum from people who slated them. then comments from people praising them to the skies. It left me asking the question who should I believe??........ I decided to make my own judgements.

my local only have the one place and they are naff, if i drive an hour north or south though to either Glyn Hopkins chadwell heath or Desira Norwich and i get excellent service

The only way you will find out is to use one and judge for yourself. If you are not happy dont go back It just doesnt follow that if person A has a bad experience with them person B also will. My local dealer has shut up shop now but in the past I read comments in this forum from people who slated them. then comments from people praising them to the skies. It left me asking the question who should I believe??........ I decided to make my own judgements.

You are right in what you say about making your own judgements. I do, but it's always nice to read others' opinions first. For example holiday's abroad. I always look on trip advisor to see other peoples' experiences before booking!
Same with car garages/dealerships, it's always nice to see what other people think.
In the consumer world, yes customers will have the odd negative experience or positive experience; another example being Ebay. I buy from the seller with the positive feedback as opposed to the seller with the negative feedback.

my local only have the one place and they are naff, if i drive an hour north or south though to either Glyn Hopkins chadwell heath or Desira Norwich and i get excellent service

See it shows going those extra miles really is worth it!

Back