Forum ePER

Currently reading:
Forum ePER

arseofbox

Principality Retained :)
I'm expecting a ban for this, but...

Why is there no access control on ePER? Its entirely (possible) probable that its being used by people who arent actively contributing to the forum.

I wouldnt mind if it were on an unlimited bandwidth server, but its not, and its us thats losing out!

I'm expecting a ban for this, but...

Why is there no access control on ePER? Its entirely (possible) probable that its being used by people who arent actively contributing to the forum.

I wouldnt mind if it were on an unlimited bandwidth server, but its not, and its us thats losing out!

That would be great and make it faster to get on bu the possibilities of modifying FIAT's code to add security integrated into the forum is minimal I'd say.

Maybe a semi solution would be changing the URL and keeping it inside the members area but my feeling is that it would soon spread as users post it on other BB's email it to mates etc.

Dont know about the legality of it but could it not be put onto multi urls so you could try #1 and if that was full then try #2, #3 etc. (also i dont know how big a programme it is etc)?

Put it this way,

A brief web search yields an interesting bit of info:

1. You can force connections to ePER (although seemingly not on the one on FF), by adding FORCED=TRUE after the /navi part in the address bar.

2. Theres umpteen million links on the web that link back to the FF copy of ePER. Theres also loads of links to other web-server copies (most of which also give the 'too many connections' failure. But if thats not demonstrated evidence that members arent only getting the benefit, I don't know what is!

I'm all for sharing it with other enthusiasts...but I guestion the use for profit making purposes

Yeah the server itself has enough bandwidth, just EPER restricts it.

Linked images don't affect the concurrent users (so people who link the images on other forums aren't doing any damage).

Interesting idea about access control though, I *could* link it so only donated members could access it :chin:

I think there should be like a priority thing. So who ever has donated the most gets priority if they want to connect and works the way down the list:p

I got given a slightly out of date copy of ePER by my local Fiat dealer. The only 'quirk' that I have to overcome is the expiry date. I temporarily have to set the date in my computer to August 2008 and it works fine. Maybe your local dealers might be as generous.

I got given a slightly out of date copy of ePER by my local Fiat dealer. The only 'quirk' that I have to overcome is the expiry date. I temporarily have to set the date in my computer to August 2008 and it works fine. Maybe your local dealers might be as generous.

there is a crack for this somewhere on the net, sorry i cant give a link as ive never gone to look, but others have said they got a crack

http://eper.fiatforum.com/ sucks!

Hello,

i have tried his regularly for 5 hours now (about 20x) and still get

ERROR
Too many concurrent connections.
Please try again later ...

Is this a hoax or should I really try it at 4 a.m?
:slayer:

Re: http://eper.fiatforum.com/ sucks!

Hello,

i have tried his regularly for 5 hours now (about 20x) and still get

ERROR
Too many concurrent connections.
Please try again later ...

Is this a hoax or should I really try it at 4 a.m?
:slayer:

2nd hit on google for FF i the eper section
so its software limited to how many connections it has
given its open to the whole net.......

Back