General Key fob problem

Currently reading:
General Key fob problem

taz15

I am having problems with my remote key fob. All was ok until battery went flat on van not on key fob since then doors wont open with remote,Battery in fob is working ok.Any help would be much welcome. (y)

Try leaving the car unlocked, disconnect the battery again and reconnect. I am not sure of the proper reset routine but just like Windows its probably worth doing a 'reboot'.

Sometimes there is a proper sequence involving pressing the button upto ten times quickly after replacing the battery or pressing and holding.

Is there a sequence in the handbook for replacing the keyfob battery, it might be worth doign this?

I am having problems with my remote key fob. All was ok until battery went flat on van not on key fob since then doors wont open with remote,Battery in fob is working ok.Any help would be much welcome. (y)

My van had no remote locking when i brought it,i replaced the battery in the remote to no avail:bang:
Then you have to go to Fiat with id ..proof of ownership...and get a security code (takes a while,and theres normaly a charge) so they can reprogramme ur keys,i just ..well brought a keyless entry alarm of ebay for £34 and had my good friend Ade fit it,its far better than a remote key as it opens the doors when you walk up to it with youre arms full of tools shopping etc...and then locks it again when you walk off,might be worth looking into.

maybee of some help

Kind regards

Richie

Thanks for the input.
Not sure what to do, all was working fine until battery went flat on the van.

Back