Punto (Mk2/2b) My first car!

Introduction

My first car...Punto Sporting 1.2 16v

Year: 2000
Reg: W (but with private plates)
Model: Sporting
Engine: 1.2, 16v
Colour: Metalflake Yellow

No modifications other than the custom paintjob.

I know it isnt as spectacular as some of the other examples on here...wouldnt mind tinting the back windows but i am clueless when it comes to cars so that would be the extent of my modifications! Wouldnt know where to start, so to me...shes gold dust!
Any suggestions tho...who knows!!
Slam that bitch on her arse lol i mean get some lowering springs maybe 50mm drop looks much better with 50mm drop nice and low and still can be used everyday no rubbing on 15" alloys.

Maybe take off rubbing strips colour code door handles and wing mirrors, its all up to you looks nice tho(y)

Last edited:
Yeah i really like it, the tinting sounds a good idea, gives it a nice look, maybe even some wind guards (just because i have them). Look at my picture to see what you think even though its not the greatest picture, ill get some more up soon. But i really like your badges on the back not sure if it goes well with the colour, might have a think about it :) but yeah its really nice

Actually, that's a Northern Irish plate by the looks of it (y)

Thanks for all your comments!!
Yeh its an irish one alright and i live in the south of devon so its a little bit original down here! The idea of tinting is growing on me by the day but im gna need to look into it a little more...i know you guys get right into the mods and i think they all look great, but i still wanna keep mine a little femenine! Ive resisted the urge so far to pink the inside as im sure it would be unforgivable! :rolleyes: But interior is maybe where im gna start....so any ideas?

Thort id try to show the paintwork a little but the pictures arent that great...the pictures don't really do it justice but here they are anyway!

Last edited:
hi mate nice car i do love the paintwork it looks very tidy.
a few things i idnt like is the sporting decal, would look much better without, likewise with the badges on the boot. other then tht get the windows n rear lights tinted, lower it and you will have a beaut ;)

Must say i wasn't too sure on them at first but i havnt done anythin to the car myself it was all done before i bought it. If i had done it myself then i probably wouldnt have gone for the decals but i really do love the paintwork :) tinting is gna have to be a deffinate future project, but im yet to be convinced about the lowering...one word SPEEDBUMPS!

yeh if i were you id deffinately remove the badges and the decal. as for the lowering i wouldnt know mines not lowered. but apparently it doesnt make that much difference so many people have sasid. i am a fan of the paintweork too think it looks pretty good. will look awesome in summer with the sun hitting it (y)(y)

Nice Car.
Thats not a sporting front bumper :confused: How many gears does it have?
Also dont touch the suspension on a sporting, when i had mine the handling was absolutely brilliant. I think lowering it will completely ruin that.

If you wanna make it look better i would get rid of those sporting vinyls and badges off from the boot. That yellow is made from about 50% red so the red vinyl is aesthetically a miss match pink will be also.
IMO you need to be looking at black detailing if you do any. Sooooo that brings me to window tints. :yum: I think they would look awesome on your car. Tints always make the car look really good.
I know its a stilo but this is my yellow car with tints which should give you an idea.
28012010065.jpg

I think that you need to have the front door windows done as well. If your worried about legality you can go something like 50% on the fronts. So i did that for the front. I also had a strip of tint put on the inside as a sun strip which looks really smooth compared to vinyl. I can get a pic if you want.

Do you want any ICE :devil:

Yeh loving that tint! Really goin to have to get that done...still paying off the insurance atm so its gna have to be a pipedream for now! Lowering has never reli been somthing thats interested me as i actually want to drive the car...not make more problems for myself!

Its got 6 gears and no i dnt think it is a sporting bumper, it had a minor accident before i got hold of it so it had the bumper replaced dnt know much more than that.

Not sure what i want reli in the way of ICE i dnt want a thumping great sound system, as i say i want to keep it a little bit fememine, so dnt reli want to sound like a boy racer! Ive been looking a some 6x9s but need to find out if they'll fit in my old speaker sockets as i dont want to hack up the parcel shelf!

Well when you have some money for it come to the ICE section and ill sort you out ;) And we wont be telling you to get 6x9's in the back either :yuck:
The main priority for me on that car would be to get a sporting bumper, it will just finish off that paint job and pretty much instantly make it look lower. :yum:

Anyone got some good pictures of their ICE layouts? Just to get a few ideas...
http://www.babecafe.co.uk

Looks like all future plans may need to be put on hold for now tho as shes starting to show her true fiat colours! Bloody thing has drained its battery so either a new battery, alternator or both may be on the cards!

Last edited:
Nice, :) i'd change a few things tho... my own opinion :D

exterior:
1) take the side strips off
2) take red decals off
3) take rear badges off
4) 6k or 8k xenon conversion kit can get there for about 60 quid now well worth it tho.

ice: (If u have the money)
1) Second Skin bulk pack Sound deadening £99.99
2) InPhase Components £109.99
3) Inphase 600w amp to power them 89.99
4) inphase 360' eyeball rear speakers 79.99
5) vibe cbr 10" subwoofer 159.99
6) A DECENT HEADUNIT, id go for pioneer, but in my punto i have all of that ^^^ with a sony BT3600 but i want the upgrade so it supports my iphone.

LIKE THE COLOUR THO!

Sorry for the quick thread wreck but Matt have a search around at what people say about inphase. ;) Also check the group buy for real sound deadening.

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

There you go... In the back of a saxo though im afraid... not managed to build anything for my punto yet... just plonked in the back in a box with 6x 9s on parcel shelf and components!

Was a sweeet system though!

Back