General Scudo Van wont start any ideas

Currently reading:
General Scudo Van wont start any ideas

sxmark

Hi All i have X plate Scudo 1.9d that i have just replaced the cambelt on after it had snapped, i sent the head away for repair, i have now rebuilt the engine but it will not start!

I have check the belt timing and all is ok

I have checked the fuel filter and it is full and primed, when i crank the engine over there is no fuel coming from the injectors yet there is plenty of fuel at the pump (Stop solonoid?)

Inside the van when i turn the ignition on all the lights come on and the STOP light flashes continuously (is this normal) the van also does not have central locking so thus there is no remote on the keys so i am guessing the immobiliser work from a chip in the key.

Is it possible that the immobiliser is not disarming thus stopping the fuel solonoid working if so how do i get around this.

Any help much appreciated guys (n girls)

You may need to do a reset of fault codes in the ECU.

IIRC the ECU stores the last error code(s) and has to have them cleared before the system can work. Not sure if this can be done without access to the relevant programmer though......

Hi All it was the stop solonoid not being activated by the ecu (prob broken wire) so have bypassed it with a live from ignition and a basic stop solonoid. Cant beat going back to basics :)

did this stop fuel coming out of the injector pump as mine isnt and wondered if same prob??

Hi All it was the stop solonoid not being activated by the ecu (prob broken wire) so have bypassed it with a live from ignition and a basic stop solonoid. Cant beat going back to basics :)
Hi m8, could you tell me exactly how you put an inline stop solinoid on your scudo as I am having the same problem ie fuel to pump but not to the injectors.
Cheers
Si.

Back