Technical Help! - Lack of power

Currently reading:
Technical Help! - Lack of power

mirafiori75

Hello everyone! My Dad has just bought a new 500 for my Mum. The problem is that the car makes a strange noise - it sounds like a Lambretta and the car is underpowered. I know this because I've driven others which really shift in comparision. The model is a 1.2 Sport.
Anyone elso had this problem? Arrggh! Fiat say it needs some miles putting on it :confused:.

Hello everyone! My Dad has just bought a new 500 for my Mum. The problem is that the car makes a strange noise - it sounds like a Lambretta and the car is underpowered. I know this because I've driven others which really shift in comparision. The model is a 1.2 Sport.
Anyone elso had this problem? Arrggh! Fiat say it needs some miles putting on it :confused:.

if the car doesnt sound right car could be running on less than 4 cylinders?...get it back to garage to demonstrate

all sounds a bit technical to me :D
If its not colour coded and under the big metal flap its for the garage to deal with

If you learn the basics about the leads and starter system you might be able to fix some of your own breakdowns though! I used to do it in my old Astra, much to the amusement of my female passengers who said "You're just going to fiddle with it and do nothing" :p

if the car doesnt sound right car could be running on less than 4 cylinders?...get it back to garage to demonstrate

Thanks. Well took it back and persuaded them (FIAT) to take it for a spin and they agreed that it doesn't accelarate as it should, left it with them for a few days and they couldn't find any solution/fault. It's really slow!!!!

unplug the air flow meter
then drive it
if it goes better then it needs a meter

just try it
its only a 2 minute job to try(y)

Back