General Watchdog

Currently reading:
General Watchdog

Percypanda

OK I'm now fed up with the loss of power problem on my 1yr old Panda Multijet, showing no error code on the computer or Fiats test equipement.

So I'm contacting Watchdog about it.

The dealers all say they can't touch the car without an error code, and Fiat won't authorise any investigations without one, so in theory I could have this heap of junk until it's out of warranty and still have the problem, with the unlikely probability of Fiat finding out whats causing it and having a major bill to get it fixed.

Well I don't think that's good enough, I've contact Fiat direct, and had no success there, they're not interested.

So maybe Watchdog will give them the kick up their jacksies they need to get this sorted.

If anyone else is having the same problem can you post in here, and also pm me your details so I can forward them to Watchdog, because if Watchdog know there are other multijet owners out there with the same problem, there's more chance of it getting on the show and Watchdog contacting Fiat about it.

Worth a try.

Dont think they will be that interested, and nobody watches watchdog anymore. Contacting Fiat will do nothing, they have dealerships for this purpose.

1) no error code...so what! whatever happened to diagnostics?
2) is there a DET at garage, have you spoke to him?

Get your dealer to PM me (need proof its dealer of course)

Like everything else, basic troubleshooting and diagnostics have "gone out of the window". If it can't be displayed on the computer, then it won't be looked at.

Yep the DET had no idea what could be wrong, although I had said my previous MJ had the same problem but did show a fault and it was the exhaust sensor which cured it. All they said was they can't replace the exhaust sensor without an error code as Fiat wouldnt authorise it under the warranty due to no error code.

Watchdog may not get so many viewings as it did, but it still carries some weight and companies do seem to get problems sorted when Watchdog contacts them.

If Fiat don't do anything thats about the only other option to try and get the fault fixed, and with so many MJ owners having the same fault, then it's a manufacturers fault and should be addressed by Law under the Consumer Act.

If Watchdog isn't contacted, then whats the alternatives?

1. Sell the car on to some unsuspecting person, or
2. Keep the car with the fault and never know if you're going to arrive at your destination or not.

Because it looks like this fault is never going to be fixed.

I think Fiat should take some responsibility for this, as it's not just a one off, there are so many MJ's that suffer with this fault.

T14086They are the main Fiat Dealer in Devon and Cornwall. The dealer doesnt use this forum. It's Vospers Garages, they're spread all over Devon and Cornwall. The branch in question is Vospers, East Hill, St Austell.

Tel: 0845 002 4102
Fax: 01726 874079
Email: [email protected]

http://www.vospers.com/ContactUs.aspx (all branches)

Last edited:
Have had the same problem and same reply from my local fiat dealer and looking through the forum it seems that we are not the only ones. However, recently when I had to change the glow plugs as my local dealer could not look at it for at least a fortnight and they did not stock the parts anyway. On removing the airbox I found quite a considerable amount of water in the low point of the airbox, not drips - at least 50cc I'd guess. It can not be seen from the airfilter position as it is right at the front of the airbox next to the airbox outlet. I removed it and the change was quite dramatic, sounds better on start up and whilst cold and the economy is back up to 62mpg. I would be uncertain if this was the cause but it can't be good for the sensors and system, and yes the has full fiat service history to boot, but I would suspect that the airbox is not removed or checked for this.

Watchdog will only take up a story if lots of people have the same problem

And lots of people do have the same problem by the amount of posts on here.

Which is why I thought I'd start this thread, so that everyone who has the same problem can get together and contact Watchdog through one member, doesnt have to be me.

As you say, the more people that have the problem, the more likely Watchdog and Fiat are going to do something about getting it sorted.

Do a search, we have covered plenty of multijet issues. Print them off, look at them yourself and take them to the dealer.

Once you have made sure the ecu connections are good, tried some injector cleaner then you can move onto EGR and MAF. After that it will be rail pressures etc.... .

Dont worry, you think fiat not thinking the car is wrong because the computer says no is a problem. The missus had a baby in November and apparently wasnt given any pain killers etc.... because the computer said she wasnt having contractions (@5cm).

Back