Snow Chains!?!

Currently reading:
Snow Chains!?!

BoBdOgOAFC

We Are... !DISTURBED!
Does anybody know where I could get hold of some snow chains for my car?
I can easily get them off ebay or online shops ect, but by the time I recieved them in the post the snow would have proabily gone (I hope)!!!!

Im hoping to buy some tomorrow, I live in Manchester.

Luke

halfords sell them......

just practice with them as first time they can be a pig to put on and you dont want to be pissing about at the side of the road....

pair of thin gloves and something to kneel on and a bin bag for when you take them off is a good idea too

when driving on them take extreme care and remove as soon as you come to a clear road

Last edited:
i got a pair of autosocks they seem quite good.

I read good reviews before i bought them. next day delivery from roof box co.

Hmm I might juyst leave them sound like a bit of a pain!
But if this weather continues I need to do something!!

Cheers for your help guys

Chains are a real pain. Even driving on pack snow, you can feel the vibrations. Also, some of the cheaper ones can come adrift & chew your tyres - or worse, your wing.
I've had tyre socks for years, absolutely brilliant & you can also drive on tarmac up to 30mph.
cost about £40 a pair but last for years & years & miles & miles.
Had mine on for 2 weeks running up to Xmas then put them back on the other day. Even though the main roads are supposedly clear the estates are still rough so the socks are ok to leave on for now - handy as I also dip into tescos & their car park is sheet ice!

In the good old days I would buy a set of town & country remoulds for the 3 months of winter snow (up north) but the driving was rough on tarmac.

Cheers for your help!
I might try some snow tyres then, If the snow goes by the time I come to use them theres always next year!! Another year of global warming haha

Plus there are gaps in my area - some roads are clear and others are thick snow, meaning I'd have to stop and start throughout most of my journey to put the chains on and take them off;

One of these would be amazing:
tire_stud_5.jpg

:p Found image on Google.

Nowhere has been gritted except one main road. :(

Last edited:
Back