General Car won't start

Currently reading:
General Car won't start

Ace15

went out this afternoon to go over to my unlces went to turn my car on and well a get some flickering of the lights on the steering wheel etc but no ignition i just get clicking.......... surely my battery isnt dead its a 58 plate....?
i have got ICE installed though could this be a cause?
or more weather relaed issues?

what model?

if it is your battery should be covered under warrenty for a replacement if its only a 58 reg?

Do you mainly do short trips, this could be the problem not letting the battery get charged up at this time of the year - with all the current being drawen with your ICE, heaters, rear windowscreen, lights, etc...

or you could just have a loose terminal on your battery, which is uncommon the the GP?

what model?

if it is your battery should be covered under warrenty for a replacement if its only a 58 reg?

Do you mainly do short trips, this could be the problem not letting the battery get charged up at this time of the year - with all the current being drawen with your ICE, heaters, rear windowscreen, lights, etc...

or you could just have a loose terminal on your battery, which is uncommon the the GP?

1.4 16v GP :p is the model
and i do short trips now and again i also do go out and just drive around like now and again though

How long has it been stood for? Mines not been used for a week and its dead. Down to the cold weather killing batterys quickly.
its been stood for a few days mate cant remember what day i last used it but i would say upto a week aswell m8

I think a combination of the weather and the car not being used has just drained it quickly :) i wouldnt worry too much, just jump it off another car and then give it a decent drive.

or is it that my ICE is more energy efficient than all yours;)

wind-up-radio.jpg

This is doing my nut in, what is ICE?! lol ive noticed a forum dedicated to it, seems to be sound related, but everyones saying ICE just confused me as to what the hell it ... WAIT!

In car entertainment? :eek: AM I RIGHT? :D

seen loads amps on because installer has conneced switching wire to battery live and not ignition remote live.

**** the guy who installed mine done that as you can blantently see the wire on the battery, was a pain to jump start btw

You need a wire going to the battery from the amp lol. You also have a remote wire which goes to the headunit. This is the important one. If that isnt going to the battery instead of the headunit then it will be on all the time but if it has been done by proper installers it will be fine.

Back