General Winter tyres

Currently reading:
General Winter tyres

Just done a compare of prices for the Bravo (Sorry 500ers you'll need to do your own research!). Quite a difference depending on size.

tyres.JPG

Last edited:
just in case anyone has missed it on the other threads

WINTER TYRES ARE BRILLIANT
I second that!

Just went out in the 500 for the first time in some snow and it's flipping excellent. Of course it's not like summer tyres on a dry day on some nice blacktop but the difference is like night and day. No wheelspin, no fuss, just safe motoring!

I second that!

Just went out in the 500 for the first time in some snow and it's flipping excellent. Of course it's not like summer tyres on a dry day on some nice blacktop but the difference is like night and day. No wheelspin, no fuss, just safe motoring!
I think that! Just went out for another drive as we'd had a downpour of pea sized ice pellets and the roads are pretty treacherous. Grip level is awesome from the Snowtrac3's and when dicking about in carparks and etc the car is so chuckable and controllable with the handbrake and right pedal. Braking performance is awesome and the car gets hardly any wheelspin even when giving it some revs in first.

Best £200 I've ever spent on tyres ever. 500 is as surefooted as a mountain goat now (y)

Of course, hen you are a driving od like my godd self you can manage not the total you car without winter tyres.:p
:p

For me it's all about risk. I'm sure I could have driven around on the main roads without winter tyres but I got up a pretty steep hill which I certainly wouldn't have been able to do with the Bridgestones. With these tyres I'm less likely to have an accident that's my fault.

To be fair, he has been avoiding them by the looks of things.

I'll be getting winter tyres for winter this year, the other day our road was like an ice rink. Me and my mate had to stop and help a guy get his bike up cos he had come off it at the end of my street. Driving about in his Swift Sport with low profile tyres was terrifying!

Well you know I don't like the posts talking about the Abarth meeting at Duxford but I'm not getting my tights in a twist over it ;)

Little tip for you, you can get 3% cashback on mytyres.co.uk from sites like quidco and topcashback. 3% isn't the biggest amount but as Tesco says...... :)

Saw an older lady the other day with a Panda Cross parked up at Slaters in Abergele who'd had 2 Conti winter tyres put on the front so perhaps the general public are starting to come around to the idea. Only thing was they were on her normal rims so she's either going to wear them out in one summer or she's going to pay to get them taken off for summer! Silly, buy cheap crappy steelies. The 2 sets I linked to on ebay the other day went for a song IMHO. One didn't get any bigs so you could have had it for 99p and the others went for 79.99 including brand new summer tyres!!!!

Well you know I don't like the posts talking about the Abarth meeting at Duxford but I'm not getting my tights in a twist over it ;)

Little tip for you, you can get 3% cashback on mytyres.co.uk from sites like quidco and topcashback. 3% isn't the biggest amount but as Tesco says...... :)

Saw an older lady the other day with a Panda Cross parked up at Slaters in Abergele who'd had 2 Conti winter tyres put on the front so perhaps the general public are starting to come around to the idea. Only thing was they were on her normal rims so she's either going to wear them out in one summer or she's going to pay to get them taken off for summer! Silly, buy cheap crappy steelies. The 2 sets I linked to on ebay the other day went for a song IMHO. One didn't get any bigs so you could have had it for 99p and the others went for 79.99 including brand new summer tyres!!!!

I wanted the ones for £79.99 but they had to be collected from Yorkshire which is a bit too far for me. I can't believe the others went for 99p though! They weren't that far away from me, I just hadn't been paid at the time :( Oh well I'm sure some more will come up.

Well if the person didn't sell them to anyone else I'm sure you could message them asking what they're willing to take as an offer. Give em a cleanup and a can of black spraypaint, buy yourself some hubcaps and you're ready for next winter :)

Bit off topic but hey, the 155 HP Mito i have at the moment is way better in the snow than the A500. We've had a downfall tonight, roads are covered, but i just put the Mito in "all weather" mode, it's great! I'm really starting to love this car, the power delivery is simply awesome and it's such a smoooooooth car to drive!

Anyway, i know it's off topic, but at least i referred a little to snow and driving in it! :)

Saw an older lady the other day with a Panda Cross parked up at Slaters in Abergele who'd had 2 Conti winter tyres put on the front so perhaps the general public are starting to come around to the idea.

Can only think that she must have heard of your relentless nationwide campaign. Who are the general public. Those not on the Fiat 500 forum?

Back