Technical rear parking sensor problems?

Currently reading:
Technical rear parking sensor problems?

Wanted to originally post this in another part of the forum but despite looking I couldn't see a Technical Fiat section of the forum.

Anyway, the rear parking sensors on my 500 have started beeping for no reason when I put the car in reverse. There is no-one nearby at all and even when I get out to wipe them to make sure there is no obstruction, they still keep beeping. Sometimes a long beep followed by short ones, sometimes just a long one and sometimes they seem to work perfectly well.

Have contacted the garage and car going in next friday, under warranty, to have it looked at so I have a week of annoying beeping in reverse now.

Has anyone else had this problem with their sensors? I have been told, by a non-technical person I might add, that it may be an electrical fault caused by water getting in due to the heavy rain?

I've had exactly this problem but on my Ford S-Max, it was water ingress in one of the sensors. I "fixed" it (well it's been 3 months since I had a problem) by removing the sensors and thoroughly cleaning and then drying them. I should think the garage will just replace them though!

Have the same problem. Constantly on when in reverse. Then sometimes working fine. Mine going in on Wed. for that to be looked at and the drivers wing mirror not defrosting and the chrome A bar not stuck on properly. Hopefully they'll be able to fix them in one visit.

Yes but it was washed and waxed last week so I know it's not that.

To update, it's stopped doing it so I wodner if some water was in one or more of the sensors and it was affecting them. Anyway will monitor and if all is ok then I won't take it in on Friday as planned.

Back