General Water dripping onto my right foot....

Currently reading:
General Water dripping onto my right foot....

mum2oneplustwins

Hello again

Just a quick query re my newly purchased 52 reg Multi. It has rained a fair bit recently and today when I got in the car, I got quite a lot of water dripping onto my right foot as I was driving. It is the first time since we've had the car that this has happened. This was mainly when the car moved left or right. I'm assuming there is a hole somewhere....

Should I get someone to look at the car asap?.....

Hello again

Just a quick query re my newly purchased 52 reg Multi. It has rained a fair bit recently and today when I got in the car, I got quite a lot of water dripping onto my right foot as I was driving. It is the first time since we've had the car that this has happened. This was mainly when the car moved left or right. I'm assuming there is a hole somewhere....

Should I get someone to look at the car asap?.....

Check there is no leaves / debris blocking the drainage channel along the lower edge of the windscreen under the bonnet.

Thanks Ffoxy - I will do that tomorrow. Hope it's something simple like that... :p

(y) If the car has a sunroof things may be different.... these have dranage channels which can also get blocked & need very careful un-blocking, your problem does not sound like the latter though really.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thank you. Will check tomorrow am to see if it is just debris, but maybe I should order that Captain Tolley anyway as there seem to be a lot of complaints about leaking sunroofs!

On the black panel in front of the windscreen there are a number of plastic covers with rubber seals under them. Make sure these are fitted correctly as it is an ideal place for rain water to get in.:)

(y) If the car has a sunroof things may be different.... these have dranage channels which can also get blocked & need very careful un-blocking, your problem does not sound like the latter though really.

where the draineg channels cart see any :( where do they run off two are they like the brava

Leakage is invariably due to water ingress via the sunroof seal that loses adhesion to the bodywork.

Try the Captain Tolley's cure!

Peat

Leakage is invariably due to water ingress via the sunroof seal that loses adhesion to the bodywork.

Try the Captain Tolley's cure!

Peat

what part of the sun roof the metal peace befor you get two the rubber hose ???

The Captain Tolleys is used to adhere the rubber seal back to the bodywork. Nothing to do with the drains.

You allow the Captain Tolleys to permeate between the rubber seal and the bodywork where it glues the two surfaces back together and stops water seeping through.

Peat

Last edited:
Back