General New Coupe Owner

Currently reading:
General New Coupe Owner

Hey guys

i've been around these parts for a long time now, usually getting info on my Uno Turbo.
However i've just come across a Coupe 16vt and jumped in at the deep end!
Always wanted one and finally the right one came along.
I collect her on tuesday so will get pics up then.

Details:
1995 Giallo Coupe
48,000miles
Full Dealer History
1 owner

Pics to come

picked her up last night and love it!
didnt take many pics, i was too busy driving!
the big clean and polish takes place this week.

How i need to get the interior once i clean it up:
Yellowinterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the interior? I would not have expected that! It looks like some kids colouring in book!

as some of you are aware the coupe (and a lot of older Italian cars) suffer from the plastic going all sticky over time.
Well after many complaints from the missus over the last few days about having black fingers i thought it best to get this little dilemma sorted.
I'll post pics up tomorrow of the whole process.

What the centre console looked like before getting all the sticky plastic off:
IMGP0553.jpg

IMGP0555.jpg

The whole console needed to be removed ready to paint afterwards:
IMGP0560.jpg

The out edges loosened so that all the sticky plastic could be removed:
IMGP0561.jpg

The air vents were the test piece:
IMGP0558.jpg

IMGP0556.jpg

These came up really well and are now ready for priming and spraying a nice gloss black:
IMGP0557.jpg

These switches were next on the hitlist and are removed and dismantled:
IMGP0559.jpg

As my car sits at the moment:
IMGP0550.jpg

IMGP0551.jpg

and the thing that helped do all this magic:
IMGP0563.jpg

Now they are all ready to be sprayed.
I'll post some pics up when i get them done.

mate that is just brilliant. nice work. if i may , please laquer the console. it will help protect the colour. can't wait for more pictures. nice job. did you fit the tints?

The pics dont really do the dash justice.
It has a blue flake mettalic in there too, in the sunlight it looks awesome, just cant get a pic of it to come out properly.

Just about to replace bopth coil packs on the Coupe as it is running like a bag of shiite when cold, 2 cylinders until hot then running perfect :bang:

I'm really impressed with the job you did on the sticky plastics (y) Oven cleaner! <cough, cough> I wouldn't have thought of that!

I have dealt with them before... I use meths, 400 grit wet sandpaper, and then just matt black aerosol cans. But yours has turned out much more 'glam', I like it. What type of paint did you use? If it has a metallic fleck, does that mean it's basecoat/clearcoat?

Clay bar makes such a difference, doesn't it...

-Alex

Cheers Alex, it's amazing what you find in the kitchen and consider using!
I was of the theory that if it clean ovens and strips the crap out of them then it must work on other things too!
Was a very simple, if a little rough on the hands, technique!

The paint is a base/clear coat yeah.
I wanted something to compliment the yellow theough the dash, Matt Paint wouldnt have done that i dont think. The new Bravo inspired the Piano Black effect.
I stripped it all back and then got our paint shop to do it, was a job done for free so i aint complaining! Next time you are up this way, or at a FCW event come find me for a look, i'll be the guy in the yellow Coupe! :rolleyes:

Well it would seem that i havent updated this in a long time!

Since been on here last i have managed to fit in a genuine 20vt Leather interior and wheels, done a routine oil change after 5000 miles ownership, bought a personalised plate (YORKI) and given her numerous waxes!

Anyway, the 20vt rims were good, however i did find some Stilo blades for not much money... still awaiting them so ni pictures as yet but once i have them, bought some tyres and also had the rims reconditioned then i shall put some pics up.
Also of the leather interior, although i am pretty sure you all know what a 20vt leather interior looks like. Got it all stripped out, a thorough clean and also managed to re-wire the power cable for my amp while it was bare inside then refitted with lush clean leather.

Also on order as of today are some H&R lowering springs to help sort the stupidly high looking back end. Only going for a 30mm drop but it should really help out with the overall stance.
I dont want to get anything that is going to make the ride seriously firm as i enjoy driving the present car, its just a cosmetic thing.

Watch out for pics of the new wheels, i cannot wait!!! :devil:

ive had a thing on the Coupe that has really bugged me, Acid rain marks on the rear window.
I could see naff all out of it when it was dark outside and lights would shine on it
Mentioned this at work and wondered what there was that could help sort this, short of replacing the rear glass...

Anyway, solution: Malco water spot remover.
what an absolute miracle cure thi stuff is!
took about an hour to do the job properly but it has certainly done the trick, the glass is shiny smooth and acid rain spot free!!!

Back