Technical "Hatchback open" warning keeps coming up

Currently reading:
Technical "Hatchback open" warning keeps coming up

JammyJay

Hi,
The hatchback open warning keeps coming up even though its not open.
Iv closed it firmly and still nothing. When i lock my car the hazards flash a few times as if its still open. Luckily it still locks and alarms.
If anybody has any ideas or has experienced this it would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Jay

yep water in the boot lid problem

car under warranty?

return to dealer..

out of warranty

remove boot trim (1 screw in close grab handle) pull off trim carefully (many plastic clip/ push fit "tits")

then undo boot lock mechanism (2 8 or 10mm bolts immsmc)

unclip wiring

dry out and flush with a de wetting fluid (GT 85/ duck oil ((wd 40 at a push))

re fit

(i blathered mine in cavity wax never had water in since)

Thanks, Just out of warranty this month.
Sounds a little complicated but il give it a go. Any chance of anything going wrong?

Hey, This happened to me in my old grande punto twice, the both times the garage told me that it was because i was slammin my boot to hard :confused: which i wasnt lol.
Hope you get it sorted (y)

Cheers guys, Its fixed its self. The water must have evaporated or something magical like that lol

I had a similar problem with mine dealer fixed under warranty then a few weeks ago hatchback open warning came on once (it wasn't) now bulb in boot does not work!! even a new one! are these things related?

Its funny u mention that because my boot light has stopped working. And oh, its started doing it again intermittently. :bang:
It starts again when i close the boot. (even if i close it softly)
It stops after a while but i regularly need to use the boot.

This problem has started to happen to me over the past few days, I took the lining out the boot and cleaned around the boot lock mechanism and gave it a good squirt of wd40, i left it a few hours and it seems to be ok now (fingers crossed) any ideas on how to stop it happening again?

Hi did you get the issue fixed? I have just purchased a 09 punto 1.4 with 8250 miles on the clock and it has the very same issue. I am going to take it back to the garage to see if they can fix it but I would like to be able to say that it is this or that.

I have managed to get it fixed the Garage replaced the mechanism (y)...

now i have to pray that they also fixed the leak...

Back