General gas conversion cinq

Currently reading:
General gas conversion cinq

Emm

Fiat Addict
Ive just been going through some old piccies and came across one of our old yellow cinq! awww god rest its soul! Before into modding cars we had a gas conversion done on it! After i ickle accident it was declared a write off :( cos the gas conversion was too expensive for the insurence company to fix. the conversion was worth more than the cinq lol!

I was just wondering if anyone else knows of a cinq with a gas conversion? bet ours was the only one!! HAHA! looking back surpose it was pretty pointless really!!

pghstochaj said:
Why would you convert it to gas?!

stu was doin 60miles a day in it to work,gas is well cheaper than petrol. also..hes a man and it was a new 'thing' so's he had to have it!! :rolleyes:

I know but when we looked into it on an espace, firstly you needed a big car where you already have low MPG (i.e. 4x4/MPV etc.) and do 25k a year plus to even consider making your money back within a decent time period, also ignoring the slightly lower MPG/performance.

Don't get me wrong, LPG fascinates me just think it was a crazy way to spend money lol

dave said:
gas is cheeper, but cinq dont use a lot of fuel anyway so cant see the saving in fuel covering cost of conversion :confused:
it did work out cheaper to run than the petrol coz of doin the 60miles 6 days a week ;)

pghstochaj said:
slightly lower MPG/performance.

I thought LPG performed the same (if not marginally better) than petrol!!

I might be (and probably am) wrong

AFAIK, even on a car built for dual fuel (i.e. there's a vectra down the road factory built like that) you can only ever hope to get the same performance from LPG, never better. In added systems you will never get as good - although the octane rating is better along with other factors the engine simply can't cope properly with it.

FOr your interest Tom you might like to read:

http://www.go-lpg.co.uk/diffperf.html

That basically reassures me I am not speaking crap - fortunately otherwise I would have to re-write this post lol.

Back