Technical brava heater died

Currently reading:
Technical brava heater died

wright the heater controls hav died teh dials light up but u can move all dials to any postion and the motor wont come on i hav had all teh fuses out and checked so my next point of call is relays does the diesel 2 litre brava hav a realy for its climate control and if so where is it and is it likely all teh resistor packs hav just suddenly died ? thanx in advance

car is a 2000 plate brava 1.9 JTD ELX

its also for sale by the way message me if interested plz

dont have heated mirrors on mine, but everything else does, only checked the fuse according the bravo guide site, but yeah everything else is fine, and nah aint got a clue on relay location

there is a connector on the front of the fuse/relay box under the dash, which supplies the fan. one of the pins overheats and burns up causing lack of fan, so pull off the connectors and check each one carefully. disconnect the battery first before going at it.

there is a connector on the front of the fuse/relay box under the dash, which supplies the fan. one of the pins overheats and burns up causing lack of fan, so pull off the connectors and check each one carefully. disconnect the battery first before going at it.

sounds like that good well be it, any chance of a picture.....cheeky i know but would be greatly appreciated

*edit*
do you mean front facing into the cab or front facing the front of car

Last edited:
I also have a problem with heating.
My car has air conditioning, and the heating does not work.
I adjust the temperature but the air is always cold.
The fan works normally.

Thanks for the interest.

The car has automatic air conditioning, it is 100 16V ELX, 2000 model, it has temperature selector with AUTO position for the fan.
The temperature indicator is functioning normally always stops in the middle of its motion.

I have not check the tubes, but i will do this tomorrow.
I will also make a preventative vent in the heating circuit to solve the problem, though I do not believe it will do anything, because I have not disturbed the circuit for a long time.

Today I noticed something more. There is a place for dehumidification on the right rotary selector switch named MAX DEF and is not working.

Image1.jpg

It is a climate system .... but 20 years old :)

For the problem i did check the tubes and these were both hot, i did also a Ventilation of the system.

I touched with my hands the point where the inner radiator was located and it was warm, so the water was circulating.

After this i put out the nnumber 10 in the following diagram:

Brava%20heater%2010.jpg

This spare called electric motor:

1.jpg

Turning the temperature selector from side to side the shaft rotated normally.
But the inside flap was stuck in the cold position.
Using a pinch, I turned it .
After this i put the electric motor on again and at the moment it is working fine.

Also is working and the function MAX DEF, maybe it needs an information from the potensiometer which is inside the electric motor.

IMG_5403.jpg

Back