Technical Bilstein Shocks OE Spec

Currently reading:
Technical Bilstein Shocks OE Spec

Absoluteleft

Can anyone tell me how good these are compared to like apex or pi shocks.
As im thinking about puttin The bilstein oe spec shocks on my cinq instead if the apex stuff with a 60mm lowering spring.

My APEX kit is very good, it doesn't like bumps too much but it is very good.

Personally though I would save your pennies and go for either AVO coilovers or FK coilovers. FK's aren't that much more expensive than the APEX kit.

Don't forget to consult with your insurance provider to find increases in your policy.

Thanks

Last edited:
KYB make OEM spec struts for the cento. In fact I think they made the actual OEM struts fitted to new centos. They're twenty something quid each IIRC.

I paid a little bit more and went for the KYB Ultra SRs. A pair of fronts came to about £75 a few months ago but the backs will be cheaper. I'm no expert on suspension, but the car certainly does feel more 'planted' in corners with them fitted. They're designed for use with lowering springs and are damped to reflect this.

They look so similar to stock struts that you can probably get away with not declaring them to insurance. FTR I have declared my suspension mods. Not that it matters anyway as I'm 200 miles away from my car and my insurance ran out yesterday...

Camskill has good stock of KYB parts. Unsurprisingly the cento struts were out of stock but delivery still only took 2 or 3 days.

Last edited:
Back