1995 Punto ELX

Currently reading:
1995 Punto ELX

mistrom

Hello out there...

We have a 1995 Fiat Punto ELX which we picked up as a ' run around ' second car. The purchase price was extremely good, so we went for it. We have had the car for a little while and I have grown attached to it and don't really want to lose it, so much so, I am thinking of ' sprucing ' it up a bit, you know, possibly alloy wheels if they can be sourced at the right price and also giving it a bit more TLC.

I have never had a owners manual for the car, wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction for obtaining one.

Also all I know about the car is that it is a 1.2 ELX. After searching this forum, I am presuming it is a ' 75 8v ' Punto. Could anyone help me in establishing exactly what the true spec is with this car, or how I could find out?

Can anyone tell me the correct tyre pressures for this model?

Does anyone know the average MPG for this type.

The steering is quite ' heavy ' in that it is quite difficult to turn the wheel, the power steering fluid appears to be up-to the required level, is there anything I am missing?

The car has been regularly serviced, but not by someone who has the ' Fiat know how ', so after reading this forum will probably use Clovertech in Dagenham, they appear to have a good write up.

Here's hoping that all you budding Fiat enthusiasts maybe able to help.. :idea:

welcome.

it will be 75 elx as you said, which is 1.2 8v multi point injection

the 'user manual' is pretty useless tbh.

duno about tyre pressures but 30psi would be ok

punto power steering isnt super light like some cars but its still light.. how heavy are we talking

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply Beau,

The steering is relatively OK whilst driving, but , when it comes to parking or almost stationary that is when you have to really tug the wheel. It is not to much of a problem for myself, however the wife finds it difficult.

Thanks for the quick reply Beau,

The steering is relatively OK whilst driving, but , when it comes to parking or almost stationary that is when you have to really tug the wheel. It is not to much of a problem for myself, however the wife finds it difficult.

well does sound like a problem because i can go lock to lock with mine standstill quite easily with one hand.

you could try changing the power steering fluid maybe see how it goes from there but if something is actually broken it would be a waste of time ;)

Back