Technical Broke my driveshaft???

Currently reading:
Technical Broke my driveshaft???

clemo

What me?
hey guys, just gone to pull away in my gps to hear a F*** off cracking noise. now i have no gears. car goes no where
had a look with my old man and i think its the drive shaft and maybe linkage.
i still have warrenty does anyone no if this is stil covered?
im sure ill find out tomorrow when i ring up the W****rs at bury st edmunds who i have had nothing but trouble with already.

i can see it now they wont come and pick up the car unless i pay for it, they really do anyoy me over there.
anyway sorry for the ranting.

just wondered if anyone has had this happen to them?

no, i drive normally. i look after my car, 6 grand is alot of money for an apprentice. so not willing to throw it down the drain.would be the linkage aswell.

Dude, its spelt warranty! and, yeah, calling your stealers W&nkers won't do you good, especially when there could be a good chance they use this site as well!;)

I'll think I'll just keep out of the gearbox debate this time chaps! lol!:worship:

Last edited:
Hang on a sec....lets just back up. In this thread you claim you drive "normally" on account of the fact you are an apprentice.....thats fair comment.....BUT in another current thread of yours you tell us you want a remap, GSR kit, hot cams, powerflow exhaust.......I suppose you want them all just for the warm feeling they give you and NOT to increase speed/power........do I have to carry on?? :D:D:D

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/212672-engine-mods.html

Oh dear......looks like its the old "What makes the grass grow tall in Texas" comment again"

Last edited:
Hang on a sec....lets just back up. In this thread you claim you drive "normally" on account of the fact you are an apprentice.....thats fair comment.....BUT in another current thread of yours you tell us you want a remap, GSR kit, hot cams, powerflow exhaust.......do I have to carry on?? :D:D:D

Oh dear......looks like its the old "What makes the grass grow tall in Texas comment again"

Yes, and thats stuff to be done, haven't done anything to it yet, and also just because i would have that stuff on my car doesnt mean i cant drive normally?

yeah and im a 3rd year apprentice and every penny i earn goes into my car for me to do the stuff i wanna do.

i dont fancy driving like an idoit and slamming 6 grand into a ditch.

and i call them W***ers because they didnt bother to tell me that they broke something just chucked it back in my car and hope i would notice a cover laying broken on my front seat.

Yes, and thats stuff to be done, haven't done anything to it yet, and also just because i would have that stuff on my car doesnt mean i cant drive normally?

yeah and im a 3rd year apprentice and every penny i earn goes into my car for me to do the stuff i wanna do.

i dont fancy driving like an idoit and slamming 6 grand into a ditch.

and i call them W***ers because they didnt bother to tell me that they broke something just chucked it back in my car and hope i would notice a cover laying broken on my front seat.

How long were the 17's on it for?

Yeah yeah.....and Alex Reid is dating Jordan just because of her sparkling wit, outstanding intellect and fantastic conversational skills.......The fact she bangs like a shi*-house door in a gale probably means nothing to him eh (y)

How long were the 17's on it for?

orginals were on it for 6months had my brakes checked and at some point one of the wheels got slightly damaged.

so i changed them.
because i did not like how the car handled.
only had those black one's on for less than 2 weeks

Hang on a sec....lets just back up. In this thread you claim you drive "normally" on account of the fact you are an apprentice.....thats fair comment.....BUT in another current thread of yours you tell us you want a remap, GSR kit, hot cams, powerflow exhaust.......I suppose you want them all just for the warm feeling they give you and NOT to increase speed/power........do I have to carry on?? :D:D:D

Oh dear......looks like its the old "What makes the grass grow tall in Texas" comment again"

thats a good point there actually sledge, and you know what my stance is on bullshtters!:mad:

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/203585-snapped-airbox.html

Its happening again folks!!:bang:

Last edited:
thanks guys,
thanks for all the help.
only wanted to know if it had happend to anyone else.
not a lecture on who, what, why, when im doing things to my car.
MY car MY choice.

as it is car is standard apart from wheels.
i drive normally.
and i've encountered a problem. i just want to know if anyone else had this problems thats all.

but thanks

As others have said, it isnt a good start calling the dealers w*nkers. If they did something wrong previously, then you should have complained and let them rectify it. If they still arn't 'upto the job' then try another Fiat dealership.

there are no other dealership near to me.
i did complain.
and they didnt sort it out
they made it worse
then they fixed it
then they broke it again.

Classic stuff Steve.....Love the use of the term "Puncher", as in I have got a puncher in my front tyre :D:D:D. Its almost ********* material.

thanks guys,
thanks for all the help.
only wanted to know if it had happend to anyone else.
not a lecture on who, what, why, when im doing things to my car.
MY car MY choice.

as it is car is standard apart from wheels.
i drive normally.
and i've encountered a problem. i just want to know if anyone else had this problems thats all.

but thanks

Dude, all you managed to do is claim the car broke by itself, yet said in another thread you wanted more power, by which logic would suggest that you've probably ragged the gearbox, miscall the dealers, and then gave the old 'I only asked for help' at the end' crap, when the answer was staring at you in the face!

the My car My choice bit nearly made me spit my coffee out!:bang:

well i guess it will get sorted one way or another.
im just highly P***ed off at the moment.
because its been one of those weeks.
when you cant even go to work because your knee operation didnt go as planned. and this will be the 5th week you wer supposed to go back to work and you didn't.

ever had that feeling that anything you have done/ going to have done/have to do yourself, just goes tits up?

Back