Technical Clutch, Handbrake and Rear shockers on Cinq 1.1i Sporting

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch, Handbrake and Rear shockers on Cinq 1.1i Sporting

Marcus1100

My 98 1.1 Cinqucento sporting, got given to me a few days ago, BUT! The handbrake doesn't work as i want it to :bang: i have been told its a manufacture problem but... im a moron and wont be told haha..

also i think my clutch is on the way out an just wondering where ON THE INTERNET would i get a cheap but good one ?

And last but not least... .My rear shockers..or the back of the car makes a awful creek sound when weight put on the car... that means i defo need some new shockers...

Im studing 'Motor vehicle maintenence and repair' soo noo need to bother faffin on about labour

i just need to know where on the internet i can get these resonably cheep NOT CHEAP AND NASTY!

Cheers People .. Marcus :slayer::)

My 98 1.1 Cinqucento sporting, got given to me a few days ago, BUT! The handbrake doesn't work as i want it to :bang: i have been told its a manufacture problem but... im a moron and wont be told haha..

also i think my clutch is on the way out an just wondering where ON THE INTERNET would i get a cheap but good one ?

And last but not least... .My rear shockers..or the back of the car makes a awful creek sound when weight put on the car... that means i defo need some new shockers...

Im studing 'Motor vehicle maintenence and repair' soo noo need to bother faffin on about labour

i just need to know where on the internet i can get these resonably cheep NOT CHEAP AND NASTY!

Cheers People .. Marcus :slayer::)

First off its not a manufacture problem more of a crap materials. (y) I made my own levers in the end but soon fitted discs.

if the rear shocks work (not leaking and the back end is not like a pogo stick) then the creaking is most likely to be either the bushes but most likely either the top or bottom shock mounts.
spray a load of WD40 under there and see if it cures it. if so when it comes back just remove and put copper grease on everything that moves (y)

edit: pretty much any motorfactor will get you a clutch. between 25 to 50quid. before i fitted a stilo clutch i ran a proper cheapo one (£25) and it still looked mint after a good few K (good bit of sports use to) and its still going strong in another car

Last edited:
Prett much as Craig says. The handbrakes can be sorted -- see the guide -- often it's down to the elbows which stick out of the drums (and to which the cable attatches) having seized solid.

If the creaking occurs only when you get into the car (rather than driving it) it may be the infamous Cinquecento "bonking creak" caused by the springs on the end of the handbrake cable fretting against their stops. A little lubricant often helps. The fault is rumoured to have been designed in on the insistence of the Polski Pope: I've known brand new Cinqs do it.

Thanks Guyss :)

Youve not just probly saved me some Coinagee :p

Youve saved me a headace
ill have a goo and see if it works :)

Thanks guyss :D (y)

Back