Styling Help.....Leather or Cloth Seats??

Currently reading:
Styling Help.....Leather or Cloth Seats??

akertoe

Hi everyone. I'm about to order a 1.3 MJ Lounge Bossa Nova White with 16" Multi Spoke Alloys. The only problem is i am not sure of what interior to go for? The dealership only had a pop with standard interior so i have nothing to compare? I was thinking of maybe going for the Tan Leather or either of the standard checked? If anyone has any picks of the black or blue checked interior then please can you show me.

(Just joined so this is my first post! hope it's all ok)?:)

I haven't seen a tan leather interior in the flesh, but I can say that the leather is very nice, and in my opinion really lifts a vehicle interior. I know some people have concerns over sliding about on the seat, but we have leather in Tosca, ('cos she's an Italian classic!) our 500c, and the seat shape is such that one is held firmly in place. If you have a look at the FIAT configurator on their website it will give a fair impression of how your car will look. When we ordered, we were a bit anxious. Pasadoble red with red leather interior? How was that going to look? This was our only option (in leather) because we were definitely wanting the ivory ambience.

The leather seats are also firm to sit on, and if you clean and feed it twice a year it'll keep looking good for years and years. Easy to clean if you drop something on it too!

Hi. I have actually seen the Tan Leather and i think it looks really cool and adds a great retro look to the car!
It's just the checked cloth that i haven't seen in the flesh! How has your leather stood up? does it mark up easy or go saggy?

The leather seats look great on the 500. The problem is that over time the leather stretches and ends up looking quite tatty - I noticed this when I was looking at some used BMW Minis. The cloth trims seem better but can get dirty. Go and look at some used cars with leather to see what I mean.

https://www.fiatforum.com/500/209203-seats-easiest-keep-clean-2.html
https://www.fiatforum.com/500/208691-tan-leather-seats-anyone.html

I like the idea of tan leather but don't like how its hot in summer/cold in winter. I have the checked interior. Its too dark for me to take a photo now but here are some pics I used when deciding...

500 Electroclash interior lounge.jpg
Inside Red 500.jpg
500 Red with ivory Lounge Int.JPG

Which colour check did you go for? is the bottom pic the blue check? looks very similar to the black!

The red also looks great....think i just prefer the more retro feel of the vintage tan! Have you had any probs with the leather stretching on the seats?

My new car – cha cha cha azure 1. Pop (only had him 5 days) has tan leather seats – definitely the more retro choice – and I am very very pleased with them.

However I think the Lounge seats are very nice too so I can see your dilemma. I saw the white with black check cloth seats on several cars in the flesh – I think they're really lovely but they're quite light coloured and I imagine these would show the dirt quite easily. One I saw in the showroom looked like it had a dark stain on the drivers seat already.

If the cost is not a big factor then I reckon the tan leather seats are the best, they really are a bit special with cream piping down the sides which really sold them to me and will look great with the BNW colour car. (incidentally the red leather doesn't have the piping unless you're buying a 500c). So far I haven't driven my car wildly enough to really tell but I they don't seem slippery – the seat shape is very supportive and comfortable.

I have been waiting for it to stop raining and work to not be so busy so that I can take some proper pics of my lovely new car, hope to get some good ones up this weekend including the interior.

Also - bear in mind if you have ivory ambience the lounge check seats will have ivory piping, not black as in some of those pics.

Here are someone else's pics of tan seats in a BNW colour lounge.

https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/194554-our-fiat-500-1-3-lounge.html

Last edited:
The red also looks great....think i just prefer the more retro feel of the vintage tan! Have you had any probs with the leather stretching on the seats?
Well my car is just under 3 months old and no problems yet.

The leather is a bit more slippery if you're an enthusiastic driver but not horribly so as they are the same shape as the sports seats. My view on the whole retro thing is well documented, I don't see the point of retroing up a car which has an LCD dash, blue&me, air con and all the other mod cons and is just a Panda in drag :)

Last edited:
My new car – cha cha cha azure 1. Pop (only had him 5 days) has tan leather seats – definitely the more retro choice – and I am very very pleased with them.

However I think the Lounge seats are very nice too so I can see your dilemma. I saw the white with black check cloth seats on several cars in the flesh – I think they're really lovely but they're quite light coloured and I imagine these would show the dirt quite easily. One I saw in the showroom looked like it had a dark stain on the drivers seat already.

If the cost is not a big factor then I reckon the tan leather seats are the best, they really are a bit special with cream piping down the sides which really sold them to me and will look great with the BNW colour car. (incidentally the red leather doesn't have the piping unless you're buying a 500c). So far I haven't driven my car wildly enough to really tell but I they don't seem slippery – the seat shape is very supportive and comfortable.

I have been waiting for it to stop raining and work to not be so busy so that I can take some proper pics of my lovely new car, hope to get some good ones up this weekend including the interior.

Also - bear in mind if you have ivory ambience the lounge check seats will have ivory piping, not black as in some of those pics.

Here are someone else's pics of tan seats in a BNW colour lounge.

https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/194554-our-fiat-500-1-3-lounge.html

I've got the red leather seats in my 500c, I love them, really comfy etc , but they're not piped just the plain red like the pictures of 306 Maxi's

I have tan leather and I really like them. Classy. Ive had the car 6 months and no sign of sagging or wear. I've got some autoglym leather treatment to put on shortly as I think its good advice to feed them!! But it was a must for me to have leather.

We have the leather (black) & love it. The front seats were recovered as the driver's seat wrinkled badly within a few weeks, but they have been fine ever since. They are really comfy, look good & smell great.

You also get leather door trims with them, which are really nice too.

I have the red leather, had a year now and now sagging at all. I just wipe with £1 leather wipes every few weeks to get rid of marks from my jeans (the dye on cheap jeans is a pain!).

Go for leather if you have or are going to have children - much better when they are sick as it doesn't impregnate the cloth and then you get sick smell whenever it gets warm!

Back