Technical Disc's brakes

Currently reading:
Technical Disc's brakes

If you are looking to improve your brakes better off fitting Punto GT front set up, and if the rears work leaving them for now as its in relative terms to the average cost of these cars expensive to do the rear disc conversion. And I would always fit the larger fronts first before even thinking of fitting discs on rear, although these cars do have a compensator valve fitted as standard, they need to to stop the drums locking up which they will do quicker than disc's.

BUT I love the rear disc's on all our Cento's, I hated the drums as the handbrake is rubbish unless maintained well, though the parts rust badly as made from poor quality metal so eventually need replaced no matter how much maintenance you do, these fail MOT's constantly this forum is testament to that. The cylinders leak, the brake efficiency is often not even, again all MOT failures again publicised on this forum often.

Yet my disc set ups have always flown through MOT's and have never needed any maintenance, I'm not saying discs don't fail, they do, but seem more reliable hence why lots of even the most mundane cars have disc's all round now.

And of course, they look sooooooo much better. :D

take it you mean rears or i would be worried!

Uno Turbo are easy to fit if you get the plates with them. Punto GT also fit but you need to have adaptor plates machined... there is a CAD file knocking about iirc

I have lots of pairs of mounting plates sat in my magic cupboard of parts.

PM me for info.

Adam

Back