SAT NAV System

Currently reading:
SAT NAV System

Anyone of the forum got SAT NAV or more in particular the handheld PC versions of it.

Im after a cheap system within the region of £250-£300, any recommendations or anything to look out for when buying one, will be appreciated.

Cheers

Gaz

cheers, that the sort of thing im after, will keep my eye on that :)

i seen a typhoon myGuide 3500 for £250 that doesnt sound too bad, and reasonably cheap too

cheers helz, i missed out on the aldi one, im needing to spend my mums money cause otherwise she will forget about it

Last edited:
Gaz, ive got a typhoon my guide 5500 which is a handheld pc and its got a programme called falk navigator which is really good and im really pleased with it, got it for £220 off a mate who got it off the back of a lorry lol.

gaz_wrexham said:
can they be updated or are you stuck with the maps that are on it
Not to sure mate, but i think you shud be able to buy an updated version of the pogramme.

Re: Pukka!

Hey Gaz,

Im running Tom Tom 3 through my Pocket PC - it got me to the Clubcento AGM a treat last year. I couldnt rate it enough until it crashed on the way home :(

Only problem ive had is finding somewhere secure, yet discrete to hide my receiver. Its been in my engine bay, in my roof lining, everywhere i can think of thats out of sight but it just doesnt pick up the signal, so it just gets plonked on the dash when i need it and sits in the door pocket when i dont!!

I got the receiver off ebay for £80 - its kinda translucent blue.

Gaz......................

thing is, it's like one of those things you really, really want, then you get it and you don't use it. But if you travel a lot and need it for work/business, then I'd say it was an extremely good piece of kit!

Aldis were doing the exact same unit as mine for £249, it's a Mitac Mio 168, mine was branded NAVMAN and retails at £399, thiers is branded MEDION and is a lot cheaper, but the same unit!

jamie86 said:
Sorry Gaz kindda off topic-

Littleyellowcar- Can't you put it in the passenger sun visor!
Actually, thats not a bad idea - i can then flip the visor down when i need to use it. Great plan.

Neo - i dont get lost much, i just really like gadgets and had money buring a hole in my bank account at the time ;)

littleyellowcar said:
Neo - i dont get lost much, i just really like gadgets and had money buring a hole in my bank account at the time ;)
Same here :). The one i bought was going cheap so i thought why not and im really pleased with it, never know when its gonna come in handy.

cheers tc, will have a look for the same unit

i dont get lost often, but i find it quite difficult to read a map and drive at the same time, so if its gonna talk to me and tell me where to go im all up for it, especially if the voice sounds like a sexy female :D

it will also mean i will lead all convoys to shows etc, so i can set the pace and not have to race to keep up with them

Back